Mile High Nationals (1 Viewer)

honest, probably one of the neatest things near Bandimere is just up the range from the finishline. the same hillside that gives the track it's natural stadium feel, is also the place where an ancient seabed was thrust up on it's side, and exposes dinosaur tracks. they have it fenced off, but last time I was there, there was a small viewing oplatform...pretty cool....

Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions. Keep them coming. I think the water, and sunblock are a universal thing for all track outings. I am heading out now to go downtown.

I was always impressed to see the track owner, his family and front office employees working as "foot soldiers" out in the heat during the nationals. You won't find them hob-nobbing in an air conditioned suite in the tower - they'll be in the pits or concessions area when it's busiest between pro rounds, greeting the guests and assisting with directions, questions, etc. John Jr is a really nice guy. Before I met him a couple years ago, I had never had a race track employee walk up to me, thank me for being there, ask me where I parked, and tell me which vendor was selling the cheapest bottled water!!! And that actually happened!!

Those track cooling Tubes they put in 2-3 years back have made a Huge difference! Otherwise when it's the normal 95-100 degrees it was a Skip race!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back