Mike Dunn?? (1 Viewer)

If Mike decides to move on, I vote for Skuza and Hoffman as co-color commentators :eek: Now that would be an interesting adventure....:D

I think that Dave Rieff and Mike Dunn would be an outstanding team in the booth, but I would also love to see Mr. Dunn back on the track. He would be an awesome addition to any team. :cool:

Mitch, isn't your Avatar a picture of Mike Dunn in the Hawaiian at Orange Co. If so that's the one where the engine was tossed up on the fuel tank & the only thing holding it in the car were the fuel lines correct? When everything stopped it looked like he was sittin' in a rolling chassis. Mike got his bell rung real good in that one.:eek: ................."HIP"

I would like him to stay in the booth and possibly run some IHRA races, that way we don't lose his expertise... Us true freaks need someone like him up there. I would also love to see Dave get the nod. He does a hell of a job every Sunday morning.

Hip.............Pretty good guess since there is not much of the car to look at but that is Del Worsham at Maple Grove a few years back. Pretty nasty though, happening in the lights like that, but he got her stopped pretty quickly. I think I have a video of Dunn's mishap at the County on "Decade of Thrills I". He did get bounced around pretty good, too!!!

Late...................Mitch

Last edited:
Thanks for the comeback Mitch. I remember that one & can now see that it is Del's boomer. The back wheels that high off the ground is what made me think of Mike's "mishap".:eek: ..............."HIP"

DRO says Dave Rieff will be paired up with Mike Dunn next season with Mr. Reinhart as the latest addition to the pit reporting staff. Both good moves, if you ask me!!!

Late.....................Mitch
Don't worry Alan. We won't hound you for confirmation, but GOOD LUCK! I hope it works out!

Wow, maybe they actually listen to us. We said long ago Paul Page was a turd, and that it should be any combination of Rieff, Frey and Reinhart to accompany Dunn. It appears this is going to happen. Good luck Reinhart if this is true, can't wait to see ya/hear ya on the broadcasts!

Hope Mike Dunn does what makes him happy. That said he is a great color guy in the booth. Second, get Snake in there with him more often, I don't remember which event it was eariier this season when Snake went into the 'penalty box' but the two of them were awesome!

I couldn't agree more about "Snake" being in the booth, that was the smoothest thing I've seen there, I say get "Snake" with Mike Dunn and that's all the booth needs...........Perry Jr.

My guess is that while Mike Dunn would love to drive again, it would take a car that is almost guaranteed to finish in the top 5 to get him out of the booth. Why give up a job at which everyone recognizes you are turning in a first rate performance week after week for a second rate driving job?

My guess is that while Mike Dunn would love to drive again, it would take a car that is almost guaranteed to finish in the top 5 to get him out of the booth. Why give up a job at which everyone recognizes you are turning in a first rate performance week after week for a second rate driving job?

AMEN! ! ! !

I know that Mike Dunn would rather be racing but this combination of talent is exactly what I've been hoping would happen. Dave Rieff has that genuine excitement about racing that springs from the screen and what else can be said about 'our Alan'??? I hope their (DRO) source is reliable. Didn't Mike Dunn just mention something about the politics in the sport being something he didn't like? He's superb at broadcasting - and doesn't have to deal with the other stuff.

On a sidenote - have to agree that The Snake would also be a wonderful guest broadcaster. He just seemed totally at ease with it and imagine what wonderful historical bits of trivia he'd be able to share!!! :cool:

Linda
aka Fast455
(who's also wondering if this color font is okay on the eyes...I'm experimenting...)

i'm loving the green. I really dont' like the dark look of the new mater. it's very hard on my eyes.

What I don't understand is why Mike is always 2nd Chair. He is way better then anyone who has been 1st chair.

I think it is just the model used for so many other sports where you have a play-by-play guy (Reid, Page) and then a "color" guy or analyst (Dunn).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back