Mike Ashley/Lend America/Cooper Capital Group (1 Viewer)

In all fairness, I have to say this.
I don't know Mike. I don't know a thing about his affairs, and I really couldn't care any less..
If he has good counsel, he has a "shot" at justice. If he's guilty, he's got an uphill climb against people in with a badge that may be "stalking" him. If not, he's got a 50-50 chance at best..

I can tell you from first hand experience when dealing with the law when accused of something I didn't do, the Prosecution side has more criminals with authority that lie, steal, fabricate, and "call in cards" from other criminals with badges than you could ever imagine. The DA, asisitant Da's along with what ever they need to "win" will be against you. To think you can "destroy" them means that you have more friends in place and more cards to play than they do.
To rely on justice alone to "win"?
Good luck..

Personally, I don't believe in the system unless honesty is involved.
You can forget that...

To think you can "destroy" them means that you have more friends in place and more cards to play than they do.

Well, the man said he's a chess player who plays by the rules. And at this level, the rules are 'run what ya brung'. In other words, whatever it takes to win.

I don't know Ashley or the details of the case(s) involved so I'll certainly refrain from judgment. Innocent until proven guilty is how our justice system works. I think I can safely say this - the man ain't no lightweight. When he says "the fight is for anyone who takes a shot at me", you'd best bring a howitzer.

Might be in people's best interest not to 'convict' Mike Ashley here on this forum, even if you're someone who's convinced he's done something wrong. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
...and the hits just keep on coming. I really hope its not true! Mike has always been a super nice guy.

:::Drag Racing Online::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 12/07/10

This is rediculous funneling money from a mortgage company that sponsors the car!

The money is suppose to come from the company probably from their advertising budget if they are sponsoring the company right?

The article states he was accused of funneling money yet the picture speaks a thousand words with Lend America plastered on the side. This story sounds like bull$hit!

Well, the man said he's a chess player who plays by the rules. And at this level, the rules are 'run what ya brung'. In other words, whatever it takes to win.

I don't know Ashley or the details of the case(s) involved so I'll certainly refrain from judgment. Innocent until proven guilty is how our justice system works. I think I can safely say this - the man ain't no lightweight. When he says "the fight is for anyone who takes a shot at me", you'd best bring a howitzer.

Might be in people's best interest not to 'convict' Mike Ashley here on this forum, even if you're someone who's convinced he's done something wrong. Just sayin'.

Agreed.
In my experiences with the way the law can work, the Prosecution side is about one thing, and one thing only, and that is to WIN. The truth has absolutely nothing to do with it once charges are filed.
Forget about truths, forget about due dilligence, they do not need it or seek it. They will toss you in a burlap bag in the corner, and watch to see if you can get out.
Chess is exactly the game played here. The prosecution will always count on 99% of the people not having enough money to be able to play.. The Feds spend unlimited amounts of "your money", Mike has to spend his own, and they count on that advantge also...
When you do have a few bucks to afford a few moves on them, things get very interesting. The problem with our system is that justice is not what is sought, but the win.
Maybe and hopefully, this case has more honest Prosecutors than usual.
Let's hope so.

You know, the "nice guy" thing people post in defense of anybody who holds a butterfly or is a sponsor is such an insult to the intellect that it makes me wonder about our collective common sense.

Last edited:
Agreed.
In my experiences with the way the law can work, the Prosecution side is about one thing, and one thing only, and that is to WIN. The truth has absolutely nothing to do with it once charges are filed.
Forget about truths, forget about due dilligence, they do not need it or seek it. They will toss you in a burlap bag in the corner, and watch to see if you can get out.
Chess is exactly the game played here. The prosecution will always count on 99% of the people not having enough money to be able to play.. The Feds spend unlimited amounts of "your money", Mike has to spend his own, and they count on that advantge also...
When you do have a few bucks to afford a few moves on them, things get very interesting. The problem with our system is that justice is not what is sought, but the win.
Maybe and hopefully, this case has more honest Prosecutors than usual.
Let's hope so.

You know, the "nice guy" thing people post in defense of anybody who holds a butterfly or is a sponsor is such an insult to the intellect that it makes me wonder about our collective common sense.

Three points in response:
1) Your fulminations about Prosecutors are irrelevant. This is a civil case, not a criminal one, brought by a Plaintiff other than the government.
2) The ethical standards for criminal prosecutors require them to seek justice, not just convictions. If you have knowledge and information about abuse of the ethical standards by a prosecutor, a report should be made to the attorney licensing authority in your state. Posting here is an expression of opinion, which you may surely do, but it doesn't help solve any real problem that you can identify.
I have filed grievances against attorney practices and have informed police agency authorities when I believed an officer had acted unprofessionally. This was never done owing to dislike for the individuals involved but always with a view to correcting behavior that militated against justice.
If you know of such misbehavior, I encourage you to report it.
3) One more thing: if your complaint is against "Plaintiff's lawyers" then I agree that we do have a problem. I know lawyers who've turned down cases because they lacked merit. I also know lawyers that have taken cases of questionable merit without questioning them. That latter group is of real concern to those of us in the legal profession that studied for years and, then, entered the field to uphold high standards.
It is important to know that there are many lawyers who concern themselves with these things. I am not alone.
Cheers,
Ed

Three points in response:
1) Your fulminations about Prosecutors are irrelevant. This is a civil case, not a criminal one, brought by a Plaintiff other than the government.
2) The ethical standards for criminal prosecutors require them to seek justice, not just convictions. If you have knowledge and information about abuse of the ethical standards by a prosecutor, a report should be made to the attorney licensing authority in your state. Posting here is an expression of opinion, which you may surely do, but it doesn't help solve any real problem that you can identify.
I have filed grievances against attorney practices and have informed police agency authorities when I believed an officer had acted unprofessionally. This was never done owing to dislike for the individuals involved but always with a view to correcting behavior that militated against justice.
If you know of such misbehavior, I encourage you to report it.
3) One more thing: if your complaint is against "Plaintiff's lawyers" then I agree that we do have a problem. I know lawyers who've turned down cases because they lacked merit. I also know lawyers that have taken cases of questionable merit without questioning them. That latter group is of real concern to those of us in the legal profession that studied for years and, then, entered the field to uphold high standards.
It is important to know that there are many lawyers who concern themselves with these things. I am not alone.
Cheers,
Ed

1. I didn't read it close enough to see that the litigation was civil. I was simply commenting. My apologies.

2. The problem with elected representatives of local law is that they have garnered support from many areas, and owe chips to many people, organizations and departments. Do you actually think a DA will sacrifice the support of a police department from being embarrassed by a bad crew on the night shift who filed BS charges before they lifted a single finger to investigate? Not around here... Especially during an election year.
If you don't entertain the possibility of politics dictating law enforcement, you would be as ignorant as I was. Since this case is Civil, my comments do not apply.

3. This is totally my opinion, and have absolutely nothing to do with this thread. I certainly don't want to change the focus. But on the Civil side? I see 99% ambulance chasers looking for the 45%, and 1% advocating justice.
I will be very interested in the decision of the case.

Last edited:
Greetings from Blago land. The government spent a lot of time convicting Rod Blageovich in the media. End result after the trial. Nothing except millions wasted by the prosecution.

Remember, Mike isn't guilty until proven so in a court of law.

I don't know whether Mike is a good guy or not. Never have met the man. Also don't know whether or not he did something wrong, and I don't think anyone but Mike knows that.
I think its time that everyone quit this subject and wait until after the legal system does it's thing.
People on this blog put stuff on it that don't have a clue what they are talking about and I think this subject is one of them.
Let the legal process take its course and then we all will know what's true and what isn't. In the mean time leave this discussion alone.

Jeeze Terry, you were post #10 over a month ago, you said your piece and nobody complained. Now at post #31 you want everyone to leave it alone... after Mike himself posted. It's the offseason, there is obviously not enough to talk about. I think we'd all really prefer to talk real drag racing . . . but this is the kind of stuff that occupies these boards during the slow times.

Like Mike Ashely is the first kat to come down the pike pushin' the limits of sponsorship to fund a fuel racing team. Mr. Ashely will endure all that is claimed against him and perhaps return to drag racing at whatever level he can. AND he will be welcome with open arms just like those before him. My question is: Will the world ever forgive him for those cheesy television commercials?:p

AND he will be welcome with open arms just like those before him.

He will, assuming all charges against him are cleared, and it appears he's confident they will be. But drag racing isn't the same as professional football, which anymore is little more than a thug reunion. Racers tend to hold people responsible for their actions. Ask Lori Johns. Gene Snow. Evan Knoll.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back