Medlen Info (1 Viewer)

Thanks Alan,
I've always enjoyed being around Eric. He's a truly wonderful person. When you talk to him, you always get his undivided attention. You never feel like he's too busy to share a little of his time with you. My wife and I enjoyed talking to him at the race in Las Vegas and felt fortunate to be able to see you and the entire Force team at the NHRA breakfast at the SEMA show.
I think most of us have been so worried about Ashley's safety that we never gave one single thought about one of the other team members being injured.
Get well soon Eric.
Can't wait to see you back.

First and Foremost DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ!!!!

Especially from “A reliable source” or “A guy who is close to the team” If you have the contacts, NAME THEM!

I can tell you that very little of the information that was posted early on was accurate. I can also tell you that when inaccurate information hits the web it is a tremendous distraction to the family and the extended family.

One thing I will tell you don’t be so quick to point your finger at what you think might be the cause. You don’t have near enough information to make that call.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but owning a computer doesn’t mean that you have the right to know everything right this second. Or ever for that matter.

Hurry Back Eric, It Won’t Be The Same Without You

Alan
Alan
First off, nothing but respect for your work... You know that!!

Second... I re-read EVERY single post on here concerning your comments of any one of us stating misleading or any inaccurate information, other than the possible broken leg...

I can only assume you are talking about some other website that I have never been to, or have seen, or even know about...

Not one single post on here has made any statement or assumption as to what, why, or how this happened... OUR sole concern is with Eric, his family, and JFR as a whole...
Our LOVE and prayers, along with encouraging words, go out to everyone involved with this horrible event...

So I am going to have to assume that WE are not who you are referring to, as being the source of the distraction at all to anyone involved with Eric and his care, as you state in your post...

Absolutely no one here has pointed a finger at a cause of this terrible accident... If they have, and as you stated, then name names or point us to the post# you are referring to...so we can judge for ourselves...or are we not allowed to do that either??

We are not a heartless family here, even though that is what I take away from your post, that we this and we that... But you never give us one piece of information and everyone kisses your butt for informing us that we are a bunch of " ", I don't understand?? Are you talking about everyone on here that cares, and suggesting that we not??

Or are you saying that Eric, his family, and everyone involved with this would rather we not know anything and get real lives?? They need us in their darkest hour and they need our prayers and support; which by my count, could cure cancer, and help to heal our wounded BROTHER!!

I guess I just need some clarity on what you want us to do... Because if worrying, wondering, being physically ill, and just feel like crawling into our beds, covering our heads, and crying is not enough, then assuming and speculating are all that is left, and that is not a road that any of us HERE plan on going down... Or even want to...

Peace and Love-
Ray

I don't know Eric very well, we've talked before and he recogizes me when he sees me and says hey. But I'm glad I didn't witness the Crash, as I mentioned in the other thread it's hard enough to witness any crash at the track. But when it's someone you've met it really becomes personal! Get well Eric!

Well, if no one here has done any finger pointing or blaming without the facts, then kudos to us. Maybe we are all so used to it happening.....maybe, just maybe we HAVE all learned a lesson about how to treat our fellow cyber buddies. :)

Excellent post Alan. It's a terrible thing that happened to Eric, right now my heart goes out to the entire racing family and their fans.

Often after a crash you hear "TDR" or "That's Drag Racing" as a way to de-sensitize the situation, but I think what defines drag racing best is the love, support, friendships, and desire to help the fellow racer. From an event which people from other teams pitch in to rebuild, to the situation we have know where heartfelt prayers are flung up to heaven...Drag racing has always been about family for many of us. THAT is Drag Racing.

The support that fans have poured out on this site and others are sure to bouy the family in the tough days ahead, and I'm sure that there will be shoulders for all the family to cry on, and simple acts of kindness to reassure the goodness of man.

I wish the best to Medlen, nothing but the best should be wished for him and his family.

Last edited:
At first, I was hoping and anticipating a report that said he spent the night in the hospital for observation and was released the next day. This development is truly disheartening. We can only continue to hope that Eric walks away from this, a whole man.

... Because if worrying, wondering, being physically ill, and just feel like crawling into our beds, covering our heads, and crying is not enough, then assuming and speculating are all that is left, and that is not a road that any of us HERE plan on going down... Or even want to...

That's exactly how I'm feeling now...the waiting, wondering and worrying is taking its toll...I just want Eric to recover from this. I don't even care if he ever drives again, I just want to see that beautiful smile once more!!

Thank you Alan, for posting.

Alan, thank you for your sincere post. It is sometimes easier to blame something when life doesn't go our way. Keyboards, like our own words, sometimes come out too quickly and are mistaken not only by those who speak or type but also by those who hear and read. Unfortunately in written form those words tend to linger for more than a split second.

From what I have seen on this site every poster simply wants Eric to get well and his family, extended family, and friends to get through this as best they possibly can. You are absolutely correct in reminding us that we should be careful what we write/say and we can all use that reminder in many aspects of our lives.

I guess all I want to say to you is "Thank You" for posting and for being sincere. I know my thoughts are with Eric and all associated with this terrible accident. As a racer, regardless of our level of performance, we are all only a heartbeat away from tragedy despite all the safety precautions and procedures. A very good friend of mine spent quite awhile in the hospital with a spinal injury a couple of seasons ago when his twelve second ride lost a wheel at the top end so tragedy can strike at any level.

As drag racers we are our own community, complete with personalities that sometimes clash and defects of character. But as you know and I can see from this thread we all pull together to support our extended family community as evidenced by the show of support, prayers, and best wishes for all associated with Eric, JFR, and family and friends. Thank you.

Alan
First off, nothing but respect for your work... You know that!!

Second... I re-read EVERY single post on here concerning your comments of any one of us stating misleading or any inaccurate information, other than the possible broken leg...

I can only assume you are talking about some other website that I have never been to, or have seen, or even know about...

Not one single post on here has made any statement or assumption as to what, why, or how this happened... OUR sole concern is with Eric, his family, and JFR as a whole...
Our LOVE and prayers, along with encouraging words, go out to everyone involved with this horrible event...

So I am going to have to assume that WE are not who you are referring to, as being the source of the distraction at all to anyone involved with Eric and his care, as you state in your post...

Absolutely no one here has pointed a finger at a cause of this terrible accident... If they have, and as you stated, then name names or point us to the post# you are referring to...so we can judge for ourselves...or are we not allowed to do that either??

We are not a heartless family here, even though that is what I take away from your post, that we this and we that... But you never give us one piece of information and everyone kisses your butt for informing us that we are a bunch of " ", I don't understand?? Are you talking about everyone on here that cares, and suggesting that we not??

Or are you saying that Eric, his family, and everyone involved with this would rather we not know anything and get real lives?? They need us in their darkest hour and they need our prayers and support; which by my count, could cure cancer, and help to heal our wounded BROTHER!!

I guess I just need some clarity on what you want us to do... Because if worrying, wondering, being physically ill, and just feel like crawling into our beds, covering our heads, and crying is not enough, then assuming and speculating are all that is left, and that is not a road that any of us HERE plan on going down... Or even want to...

Peace and Love-
Ray

Great post Ray, I agree with you.

Ray......I completely dis-agree w/ your post....This is none of our business....Eric had a bad accident and their is nothing 'we' can do about it...I am saddened and hope evrything takes its proper course....Depending on your/our faith things will work out as planned....
We are fans on this site and thats all. We are not part of the 'JFR Family' like some others....This is their private situation......

I can't speak for Alan, but I really think he was referring to the speculation, and what people said they had "heard" in that other thread.

I sure hope we get some positive news soon. The not knowing is excruciating. I can't imagine how it must be for Eric's family.

Alan;

I know this one hit close to home for you ... but PLEASE make sure everyone at JFR knows that 99.999% of us here at the 'Mater only want the very best for Eric and we have no interest in stirring the pot or causing further anguish in an already difficult situation.

Although I am normally a "free speech" kind of guy, I also implore the moderators to be vigilant and not hesitate to delete/remove any unofficial information so the folks at JFR don't have people calling them saying "I just read on the internet ...". They certainly have more important things to worry about rather than wasting their time debunking rumors.

Last edited:
A great way to help out would be to make a contribution to D.R.A.W.

It helps racers and there family's such as Eric......

Thank you for your post, Alan. As much as most of us feel like the racing community is family, the Medlen and JFR families need privacy to deal with everything going on right now.

We were at the track Monday and saw the crash, and I've been worried sick about Eric ever since. All we can do right now is pray for Eric and his family and friends, and wait for the daily medical updates. He's in an excellent hospital for severe injuries, and I know they will take the best care of him.

I'll look forward to seeing Eric back at the track soon, I hope.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back