Medlen Info (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
First and Foremost DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ!!!!

Especially from “A reliable source” or “A guy who is close to the team” If you have the contacts, NAME THEM!

I was there in the grandstands when the car crashed.

I was there at the end of the track when they took Eric out of the car and put him in the Ambulance

I was there at the trailer when they were dissecting the car trying to determine what happened to cause this.

I was there in the trailer when Coil, Bernie and Guido downloaded the computer (which survived) and checked the data. I was the only one of the four of us that saw the run. I related what I had seen and they matched it to what the recorder was telling them. John Medlen was at the Hospital.

I picked Robert up at the airport and spoke to him one on one about the crash on the way back to the Hospital.

I was there at the Hospital later that evening with other members of the racing community when John Medlen came out and told us Eric’s condition. John even mentioned to the drivers and crew chiefs that were there something that they might want to take a look at on their cars.

There are a number of things that I know that I can’t tell you because it’s not my place. I was privy to this information because I am considered a member of the JFR family. I can tell you that very little of the information that was posted early on was accurate. I can also tell you that when inaccurate information hits the web it is a tremendous distraction to the family and the extended family.

One thing I will tell you don’t be so quick to point your finger at what you think might be the cause. You don’t have near enough information to make that call. Rest assured when they determine the cause of the accident they will fix the problem and they will let the other teams know what to look out for in the future.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but owning a computer doesn’t mean that you have the right to know everything right this second. Or ever for that matter.

Hurry Back Eric, It Won’t Be The Same Without You

Alan

I can't think of a more reliable, credible - and sincere post than this one. Eric is lucky to have a friend like you. If we want to help Eric right now, me must all pray. And pray hard. And often.

Thank you, Alan

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but owning a computer doesn’t mean that you have the right to know everything right this second. Or ever for that matter.

And what Alan forget to mention (probably because he'd already said enough) is that just because we CAN offer an opinion based on incomplete facts doesn't mean we SHOULD. Example, my sister-in-law, whom I really like, got pissed off at me because I wouldn't offer her an opinion on something (it doesn't matter what that something is). My reason for not offering an opinion was that I didn't have enough facts to form an informed opinion.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH alan !! it is great to have you on here! i know there is a lot you have to keep private, but a lot of us would appreciate hearing what you know about erics condition in the future. this is definatly not the time to even begin to think about what happened, its time to think about eric, and eric only! this is about a young mans life. the few times i got to meet him at englishtown he was as nice and as funny off as on the camera- god bless you eric. please get well soon! you, your family and the jfr family are in our prayers.

Thanks for taking the time Alan!

We've seen too many bad drag racing accidents in the last few years. I think that this internet that let's us follow racing action on an almost real time basis, makes us think that we deserve more insight that we really do. Racing is a great fan sport most of the time, and really hard to stomach at times like this. Thanks for giving us an appropriate level of involvement in what's going on. Many, many fans will be praying for Eric and his family.

Jeff

The only information that I need to hear is that Eric's going to be okay - and I need to hear that as soon as possible. Nothing else matters. Thanks for posting that, Alan. Get well soon, Eric.

Last edited:
good post.

i think a lot of people are simply concerned and have a genuine interest in hearing good news. that hunger for news feeds itself with rumors/ "i heards" etc, especially when the official info provided is vague.

Alex & I thank you for taking the time to post, Alan. I know we were just so very concerned for Eric all evening. I was literally sick to my stomach all morning until the new conference information was released and there was guarded good news. A public figure with such charisma as Eric becomes a part of the family, and the lack of information in an age where we can look anything up in an instant was very difficult for many to take. Misinformation is easily bred in these conditions. Thanks for clearing it up. Looking forward to seeing Eric back at the track soon, and can't wait for his first interview - ought to be a doozy!

Elizabeth & Alex Denysenko
Moneymaker Racing

Thanks, Alan. You know we all feel like everyone involved in the NHRA is like family. So, Bro....you hang in there too! And pass on our well wishes and thoughts to Eric, his family and ALL of his friends.

Alan, Many Thanks For The Infomation. I'am Certainly Glad It Came From A Reliable/honest Source. Eric Is Like Family To All In And Out Of The Drag Racing Circle. I Know,from Us To The Entire Medlen Family Only Prayers For A Speedy Recovery.... Sal

The only information that I need to hear is that Eric's going to be okay - and I need to hear that as soon as possible. Nothing else matters. Thanks for posting that, Alan. Get well soon, Eric.

Couldn't agree more. All of a sudden 99% of the things we discuss, argue about & disagree on when communicating on this message board seem completely and utterly insignificant.

Eric, John & all of John Force racing are and will remain in my thoughts and prayers, may God bless & watch over them.

Thanks for the Information. Our thoughts and prayers are with Eric and his family. Get well soon, you're very special to all of us.

Last edited:
thanks alan. eric is truly one of the nicest guys at the track. i first met him when working for dpr and eric had just put tj out. as soon as he got back to the pits, he stopped and appologized to tj. that made a tremendous impression on me as to how humble a guy he really is. also, i have never seen a driver so happy and excited to meet a fan or sign an autograph. he is truly happy being eric medlen. GET WELL SOON ERIC!!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back