Mayweather Jr. (1 Viewer)

No Sean, you're not the only one.

Maybe he's thinking he'll get his ass kicked..LOL..which I think could happen.

He can't force him to do that! They have their own tests they go by, good enough for me. Touch gloves and come out fightin'. *ding*

Or...

Maybe the Mayweather camp suspects PacMan is using substances that the Olympic style testing will catch?

At any rate, to say that Mayweather is dodging Manny is probably incorrect. More than likely it's a setup to help promote the fight. After all, we are talking about boxing, right?

Or...

Maybe the Mayweather camp suspects PacMan is using substances that the Olympic style testing will catch?

At any rate, to say that Mayweather is dodging Manny is probably incorrect. More than likely it's a setup to help promote the fight. After all, we are talking about boxing, right?
LOL..Yes Tom..boxing.

Man..I used to love it like Sean does. But I can see the hype as well.

I hope Mayweather gets his as$ handed (personally). Either way..they are both bad mutha,, (shut yo mouth).

I do miss the 'ole days.

LOL..Yes Tom..boxing.

Man..I used to love it like Sean does. But I can see the hype as well.

I hope Mayweather gets his as$ handed (personally). Either way..they are both bad mutha,, (shut yo mouth).

I do miss the 'ole days.
This certainly has all the makings of once in a generation type of matchup. Certainly one of the few fights that I'd be willing to pay several hundred dollars to attend in person. Unfortunately, if the fight happens, several hundred dollars would probably get me a comfy seat next to the rafters.

I guess I can get your logic, Tom. It's just funny that in all the fights that Floyd has under his belt, this is the first time he's mandating this type of testing and he's pretty much fought all the big names. Let's not forget, he's the one that's undefeated, so you would think this whole game would be the other way around, but it's not.

Like it or not, you can't deny Pacman's concern over having to give blood right up to the second of the fight. When you give blood, it does weaken you, period. Freddie said he would give blood, just not real close to fight night, and you can't blame them. He even said he would give blood right after the fight.

I think Floyd sees the inevitable coming................

Sean D

The scuttlebutt here in Vegas is centering on 2 things:

1. Mayweather doesn't want the fight in March, the Pacquiao camp does (Pacquiao will be campaigning for a Philippines Senate seat after March). This is one tactic to delay the fight to the preferred first or second weekend in May.

2. This is a stall tactic by Mayweather to get more money. The contracts aren't signed yet, so this generates controversy, which generates more pressure for the promoters to get the deal done. The more pressure it generates, the more money Mayweather will get.

I do think the boxing public here in Vegas was surprised by Pacquiao's response and refusal of all testing. Could be a tactic by him to generate more controversy and buzz, which should lead to more money for him.

The bottom line is this, the fight WILL happen. There is about $80 million dollars on the table already for this fight, no way in hell either of them walk away from that once in a lifetime payday.

The scuttlebutt here in Vegas is centering on 2 things:

1. Mayweather doesn't want the fight in March, the Pacquiao camp does (Pacquiao will be campaigning for a Philippines Senate seat after March). This is one tactic to delay the fight to the preferred first or second weekend in May.

2. This is a stall tactic by Mayweather to get more money. The contracts aren't signed yet, so this generates controversy, which generates more pressure for the promoters to get the deal done. The more pressure it generates, the more money Mayweather will get.

I do think the boxing public here in Vegas was surprised by Pacquiao's response and refusal of all testing. Could be a tactic by him to generate more controversy and buzz, which should lead to more money for him.

The bottom line is this, the fight WILL happen. There is about $80 million dollars on the table already for this fight, no way in hell either of them walk away from that once in a lifetime payday.

Although I initially thought Floyd was pu$$in' out, I'm beginning to think it's all for hype at this point as well. However, Pac didn't refuse testing; he refused the Olympic style testing and I don't blame him. He said he would give blood up to 2-weeks before the fight and right after the fight, which should be fine. The idea of possibly being pinned down to a blood draw the day of any athletic competition is ridiculous to start with.

You couldn't have hit the nail on the head any more squarely than you did, Chris. This fight will happen.

Sean D

....is Jerry Jones going to have the fight on the new Cowboys Stadium

No ... Vegas is the only place this fight is going to happen. There is talk of a temporary 30,000 seat stadium constructed on the former site of the Stardust, which would obviously be an outdoor venue, another reason Mayweather/Golden Boy Promotions want to delay the fight til May. Mandalay Bay is the front runner for a more conventional setup, but that place only holds about 16,000 people. MGM has been told to go pound sand ...

Unbelievably the fight is off ... Pacquiao is going to fight a nobody on March 13th for WAYYYYY less money ... Quite possibly the dumbest thing to ever happen in the fight game from a financials stand point was not finding a way to make this happen ...

PS the Pacquiao-Clottey fight will take place at Cowboys Stadium

Last edited:
Unbelievably the fight is off ... Pacquiao is going to fight a nobody on March 13th for WAYYYYY less money ... Quite possibly the dumbest thing to ever happen in the fight game from a financials stand point was not finding a way to make this happen ...

PS the Pacquiao-Clottey fight will take place at Cowboys Stadium

I seen that Chris. But don't you think this could part of all the hype also? The last I heard, nobody on Clottey's side had confirmed the fight was going to happen. That being said, I can't help but wonder if this isn't all part of the delaying process to make time for what you had mentioned earlier about the temporary setting they were/are going to set-up to hold twice the amount of people.

What do you think?

Sean D

I still think Mayweather punked out.

Just one more reason the MMA type fights are much better. Boxing has become a parody of itself.

Did anyone watch the Uriah Faber fight last night? That dude is one driven individual.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back