DeLaHoya vs Floyd fight (1 Viewer)

Kelly Raquipiso

Nitro Member
Did anyone else get suckered in to getting this, um, fight?

Oscar seemed to think Floyd had to really wail on him to win (usually the case when the belt is on the line, but not this time.)

Floyd didn't seem to think he had to do anything but defend (which he did well). But is that really boxing? Not quite the "massacre" and "end" of Oscar's career that he promised

Roland and I just sat there in disbelief that we were watching a title bout. I know we watched all 12 rounds, but we both think we must have missed something.

Heck, I've seen the roundcard girls at local fights have better dust-ups in the bathroom over counter space for make-up application:eek:

I agree Kelly. I really thought that Floyd would beat the crap outta him. I honestly think he went into not wanting to hurt DeLaHoya b/c I really think if he wanted to, that fight could have only lasted 3 rounds or so. Floyd should have beat the crap outta him.

Also, here's what we do to avoid paying for the fight:
Go to sports bar.

I walked out of the bar in the middle of the 7th round because I had cheaper beer at home and I was trying to beat the rush out the door.

We had given up on boxing and now remember why. This was our first time seeing Floyd fight, so we are not impressed. We were expecting so much more from someone undefeated in 37 bouts. Who the heck has he fought? We are really out of the loop.

Floyd's mouth and behaviour are despicable. I just thought his vulgarity was bad, then he just had to start "praising God" after using the F-word in every pre-fight interview. Post-fight, he's praising God while his uncle is right behind him swearing like a true reprobate. I don't care how much skill someone has. That type of attitude is a one way ticket to the "don't like list" for me. The entire camp showed little to no class.

He should also be sanctioned for implying it was a split decision because Golden Boy Productions bought off one of the judges. The judge in question should sue his "Philthy Rich" butt for slander. Man, just shut up and box.:mad:

I figured Kelly R. would post up on this and was happy to see the subject come up. This was the first PPV fight I've actually purchased in years... me and a couple of friends watched it at my place. I was disappointed in the fight as well but I can't really dispute the decision, I had Mayweather winning at 7-5.

I'm surprised you've never seen Mayweather fight before this, he's actually had some very impressive performances. His speed is absolutely breathtaking and his defensive skills are simply amazing. However they could've fought 12 more rounds and Floyd would've had no chance knocking out Oscar, he simply doesn't possess the power at this weight to really hurt Oscar. On a personal note, I think Floyd's a classless P.O.S. and I wouldn't give him the time of day.

On Oscar's part I was surprised that he didn't stick with the game plan of coming in behind his killer left jab to beat on those ribs and take some of that blinding speed away from Floyd. Oscar had some success with that in the early and early-middle rounds then just got completely away from it. I like the way he continually came forward and pressed... as it turns out if he hadn't done that there would have been no fight since Floyd fought like a crawfish, always backing up. I think once he actually got a taste of Oscar's power he knew he had to whatever he possibly could to stay away from it and the result was performance that was nearly all defense and counters.

All in all I wish I had my $50.00 back!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back