Matt Hagan Is An ****** (1 Viewer)

Jim Epler and Jerry Toliver.
1699906928128.png

1699907028902.png

How else should he respond to you calling someone else an A-hole for wanting to make the sport better?

I did not call him an a-hole. I called him an idiot for suggesting that the NHRA should be more like WWE. The moderator removed the word "idiot" from the subject.

WWE is phony. The "wrestlers" are working as actors playing characters developed by the writing staff. Their comments are scripted. You are not seeing the real person when you see them on TV. You are seeing an actor portraying a character. Would that really make the sport better?

Would it be better if NHRA renames him Hulk Hagan and has him wear tight leopard skin driving suits with a mane of long blond hair? Should they invent story lines to create phony feuds between drivers?

NHRA interviews are already scripted enough with every driver running through a list of sponsors while they repeat a string of cliches. The last thing we need is drivers trying to act like they are WWE.

I did not call him an a-hole. I called him an idiot for suggesting that the NHRA should be more like WWE. The moderator removed the word "idiot" from the subject.

WWE is phony. The "wrestlers" are working as actors playing characters developed by the writing staff. Their comments are scripted. You are not seeing the real person when you see them on TV. You are seeing an actor portraying a character. Would that really make the sport better?

Would it be better if NHRA renames him Hulk Hagan and has him wear tight leopard skin driving suits with a mane of long blond hair? Should they invent story lines to create phony feuds between drivers?

NHRA interviews are already scripted enough with every driver running through a list of sponsors while they repeat a string of cliches. The last thing we need is drivers trying to act like they are WWE.
I'd love to be an "idiot" with 4 funny car championships....

Should the only threads here be what you approve? Do you want to approve all statements others make on here?

The thread was a response to comments Hagan made. Nothing more.

But you seem to want the right to approve of what others think or say.
Man you need some medical attention, try a shrink. Are you someone of some sort of importance?

Who was it that said years ago "It don't matter what they say or write about you as long as they pronounce or spell your name right".Speaking of tough guys,
I recall a story told by the Drastic Plastic Funny Car owner/driver that his car had broke or had problems on the warm up, missed the first of two qualifiers at a Chicago Style race at Great Lakes Drag O Way and with the imminent coming of a for-sure rain shower passing thru it was going to end the qualifying session (and it did) until the track dried and then they were to go right into first round, that the Drastic Plastic owner/driver asked the seven or eight pairs of cars in front of him (most all big name for the time and not from the area) and they had already posted solid runs and most ALL declined to move (with the exception of the Chi Town Hustler and a few others) so he could squeeze thru and get his one lap in,none other than Dale Creasy Sr walked back thru the center of the run up area and 'explained' to all who werent moving as he went to the end of the line that THAT car at the end was coming forward and told the owner/driver of the Drastic Plastic to get strapped in and to pull forward NOW,and it was as though the parting of the sea so to speak. Lots of commotion and jostling around by the others all the while strapping in and rolling forward at the same time. And he got his run in.
Those days are gone,no WWE needed.

Would it be better if NHRA renames him Hulk Hagan and has him wear tight leopard skin driving suits with a mane of long blond

John Force started calling him Hulk Hagan a few years back.
But, nobody has said anything about him wearing a skin tight driving suit.

John Force started calling him Hulk Hagan a few years back.
But, nobody has said anything about him wearing a skin tight driving suit.
He wants WWE. That's part of it. Let Hagan do what he advocates.

I'm not going to get into the WWE controversy, but Hagan is a very nice, smart, classy guy and his teammates love working on his car. Back when the tour went from Epping to Bristol everyone had to pass through his hometown in Virginia, so Hagan would throw an appreciation party at his farm for the DSR crewmembers. There were DSR haulers and support vehicles lined up everywhere.

I'm not going to get into the WWE controversy, but Hagan is a very nice, smart, classy guy and his teammates love working on his car. Back when the tour went from Epping to Bristol everyone had to pass through his hometown in Virginia, so Hagan would throw an appreciation party at his farm for the DSR crewmembers. There were DSR haulers and support vehicles lined up everywhere.

Hmm....I never equated "smart" and "classy" with WWE or any other "pro" wrestling.

Nobody said he was a bad person, just that the notion of NHRA becoming more like WWE is not quite a desirable approach, to say the least.

You guys are making it seem like Matt wants drivers in wrestling attire, flexing muscles, and doing elbow drops from the wing of their cars. Sheesh. Guy mentions WWE and its being treated like he said the most offensive thing since Spencer Massey at the 2012 NHRA banquet.

Hmm....I never equated "smart" and "classy" with WWE or any other "pro" wrestling.

Nobody said he was a bad person, just that the notion of NHRA becoming more like WWE is not quite a desirable approach, to say the least.
I don't either... that is why I said I wasn't getting into the WWE controversy. I was just sharing my view of what kind of guy I feel Hagan is as a person from what I have seen when I was around him. My comment had nothing to do with WWE. But I do think Hulk Hagan is the perfect nickname for him. :D

Last edited:
Matt is Dead On Target with that entire comment.

WWE has taken a small audience, long lifespan event and turned it into a massive, multi-million dollar industry (outside of pharmaceuticals, it was one of VERY few industries/corporations that turned a PROFIT during the COVID years).
NHRA is still a boutique sport; heyday in the 70s is what keeps it buoyed today, but that hull is taking on water every year. Reliance on "The Circus" (nitro classes) to fill the stands is getting more difficult annually; meanwhile, WWE and its entertainment factor continues to increase profits AND fan base.
Professional drag racing needs SOMETHING to get it back in the forefront; look at the F1 series on Netflix to see the value of putting a niche sport in front of the general public. There is money on the table out there - NHRA has got to start thinking about how to rake that up.

I don't either... that is why I said I wasn't getting into the WWE controversy. I was just sharing my view of what kind of guy I feel Hagan is as a person from what I have seen when I was around him. My comment had nothing to do with WWE. But I do think Hulk Hagan is the perfect nickname for him. :D
Yep. Could go with "Bulk Hogan" maybe too. bulked up!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back