Maters at Woodburn! (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Hey, it was great seeing the Maters out in force at the Woodburn Lucas Oil race! Brent B, Mike C, Shannon, and James were all out there! In fact shanon ended up crewing for me and did a great job! We all had fun on Sunday at least.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by!

Yeah, it was good seeing you and Shannon again. :cool: I assume the Russ Parker who posts here is the same Russ Parker that was there too, right?

BTW, I got fookin' cooked! I've got blisters on my scalp and my face and back of my neck are still sore to the touch. :eek:

BTW, I got fookin' cooked! I've got blisters on my scalp and my face and back of my neck are still sore to the touch. :eek:

I feel the same way as you do Brent. I was out there all three days learning how to use all the features on my new camera, but after I uploaded all the pics I took on Friday, I put everything back in my camera bag Saturday morning except my sunscreen. About the only thing I was able to do was sit on the east side of the track for the first half of the day, and then try to find a spot on the west side that provided some shade from the ad boards above the grandstands. Look at it this way: only ten more days 'til Seattle, just enough time for all of your sunburnt skin to peel away, tan out and and then burn again :D

Oh BTW Rich, my wife loved the look of the Cap racing shirt, usually she rolls her eyes when I bring home another shirt or two from a race.

Peace,
Mike

Do they still have the great corn dogs there? How much are they these days? That is still my favorite track with all my times there. The crew is great at Woodburn.
Obviously being in IL now I didn't make it. I am hoping to get out there for a quick weekend with my parents scheduled around the August Hot Rod Nationals.

Rich,

Thanks for allowing me to invade your pit area for the weekend. It was fun watching and working on the car. Most of all thanks for your hospitality that you showed me and many others. You are a Class Act Rich.

Shannon

Thanks Shannon, everyone is welcome in our pit. If it's to hot out and you need some shade and a cold drink, always feel free to stop by as we like to roll the red carpet out.

Mike, glad you and your wife loved the shirt!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back