Mark Oswald Driving This Weekend (1 Viewer)

Here are some picture's of Mark's car. Mark showed today he hasn't lost his touch.

1040P4SDln2yXyXJ4oHFegXChVmqXFJKzZYW_l.jpg

1040P4SDln2yXyXJ4oHFegXChV3NC5fkyL7p_l.jpg

1040P4SDln2yXyXJ4oHFegXChRLxPGDxb6QB_l.jpg

Seeing "MARK OSWALD" on that car when it pulled up after it's burnout was the HIGHLIGHT of my weekend.

I remember watching Mark on Diamond P in the Candies and Hughes TF then Funny Car and to finally see him lay down a pass was way cool.

The only way this could get better is if he goes rounds tomorrow.

One thing I know, he will be as cool and and on his game as well as or maybe better than anybody that would get behind the wheel with years between races. (I know he's been test driving). He has ice water in his veins, if he goes past the first round good things may happen. Go get 'em Mark.

Awesome to see Mark Oswald back out there!

PROVOCATIVE QUESTION:

How has Mark been able to keep his license current? Only thing I can think of is perhaps he does Monday testing and that counts towards his current-ness?

I am reminded of the unfortunate Bruce Larson misunderstanding back in the late 90's. He kept his licence current and always sent in his yearly checks and always recieved his updated paperwork.

then at E-town about 10 years ago, he was set to drive Ralph Whites Top Fuel car and Graham Light informed Bruce he did not have a "current" licence, because it had been over three years since he drove a fuel car.

I always admired the respectful way NHRA has for dealing with former World Champions who's WC car has been exhibited in the Smithsonian! But NHRA is short for "will respect racers always"

-90%

:eek:

Wow, now that's really cool news, I remember getting really excited watching him doing a great pedal job to take a win at Sears Point (or maybe Fremont?, brain fade) many years ago. Good luck Mark.

Paul T.

Mark started testing the car last year? I remember at Indy, the week before the Nationals, he was something like 4th fastest in pre race testing.So i'm sure that kept his license up to date.

Like everyone here, I thought it was great to see Mark behind the wheel, he's obviously one of the best. I also think it's cool that Mike Ashley has Hawley put some time in behind the butterfly. What I would love to see is Mike give Todd Veney a shot to get some seat time in one of the fuel cars. Todd's one of those second-generation racers who just loves the sport and has made a lot of sacrifices to race. His dad's cars from the 70's were some of my all time favorites.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back