Majors (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

pete

Nitro Member
This week, in the Charlotte Observer, David Poole had an article on the four majors in Nascar. What would be your 4 majors in NHRA?

Indy
Winters
Gators
???????????

winters in pomona
gators in gainesville
summers (back in) englishtown
nationals in indy
finals in pomona

Winters- Pomona
Springs- 1st was Bristol, 67, then moved to Dallas when the new track opened, then on to Columbus.
Summers- E-Town
The Big Go-Indy

It's the Race, Not the Location

d'kid

In Drag Racing:

Bakersfield March Meet
World Series of Drag Racing-Cordova
The Big Go
The 'World' Finals-Still think should float from track to track

Last edited:
Pomona can't have 2 Majors!!!

Gators
Englishtown
Indy
Finals

There is some space on the calendar between them .. and they are geographically spread out.

I have often advocated a "Majors" format to hype/popularize the sport. Double the points and double the money for those 4 events. Win all 4 in one season and call it the "Grand Slam" and pay a fat cash bonus.

E-town? really? No.

On another note,i think the gators need night qualifying and another event added around sept./oct. area.

Pomona can't have 2 Majors!!!

Gators
Englishtown
Indy
Finals

There is some space on the calendar between them .. and they are geographically spread out.

I have often advocated a "Majors" format to hype/popularize the sport. Double the points and double the money for those 4 events. Win all 4 in one season and call it the "Grand Slam" and pay a fat cash bonus.

Chris, I couldn't have said it better myself. I totally agree!

E-town? really? No.

Clearly you don't know the history of the sport. E-Town is one of the historic tracks along with Indy, Pomona, and Gainesville. This is where the sport started and thus a major race on the tour. You ask any driver, they will tell you the same.

Clearly you don't know the history of the sport. E-Town is one of the historic tracks along with Indy, Pomona, and Gainesville. This is where the sport started and thus a major race on the tour. You ask any driver, they will tell you the same.

Don't be so quick to assume what i do or do not know. I know E-towns history and have raced there as well. IMO it's just not a "major" race in my eyes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back