Maddie Gordon commentary (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
So I am reading the latest National Dragster, and on page 22 there is a "Five Minutes With" interview with Maddie Gordon, accompanied by a great picture of her after getting the "100th different win by a female" race win in Seattle. What really caught my eye in that picture is her dirty fingernails! Just like any of us male mechanical types have most of the time. Yes, the Gordon sisters are the Real Deal, who really do most of the actual work on their family funny cars. What a pleasure to see those fingernails, as she proudly holds up her trophy and flashes that winning smile. No time for hand washing and lipstick before the next run. We have had many women drivers in drag racing, as discussed in an article in that same issue of ND. But, how many of those actually did work on their cars, other than packing the parachute or filling the fuel tank? I think it is terrific that the Gordon sisters have become very good mechanics by being interested and learning from their Dad and Grandpa, and not because of some artificial, politically motivated "affirmative action" program. Their family should be very proud of those young ladies. What a perfect woman for some young male drag racing fan to marry. If only I was about 40 years younger........

Last edited:
So I am reading the latest National Dragster, and on page 22 there is a "Five Minutes With" interview with Maddie Gordon, accompanied by a great picture of her after getting the "100th different win by a female" race win in Seattle. What really caught my eye in that picture is her dirty fingernails! Just like any of us male mechanical types have most of the time. Yes, the Gordon sisters are the Real Deal, who really do most of the actual work on their family funny cars. What a pleasure to see those fingernails, as she proudly holds up her trophy and flashes that winning smile. No time for hand washing and lipstick before the next run. We have had many women drivers in drag racing, as discussed in an article in that same issue of ND. But, how many of those actually did work on their cars, other than packing the parachute or filling the fuel tank? I think it is terrific that the Gordon sisters have become very good mechanics by being interested and learning from their Dad and Grandpa, and not because of some artificial, politically motivated "affirmative action" program. Their family should be very proud of those young ladies. What a perfect woman for some young male drag racing fan to marry. If only I was about 40 years younger........
Oddly enough I believe Covid actually helped them get more involved with the racing team. With schools shut down early they were able to travel with the team more and learned to do so much on the car. Most weekends the team is just the Gordon family. They are all really nice down to earth racers. Lots of great Alky racers but they are at the top of my list.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back