Look who moved to Cruz (1 Viewer)

my fat ass doesnt need eggs or bacon, but it sure would be cool if they ever brought a waffle house to norcal...always loved late night smothered and covered after friday night qualifying in the midwest...we got our first crackervarrel here right before covid hit..anyone like crackerbarrel?
+1 on the late night Waffle House, especially in Charlotte, Indy & Dinwiddie. Been to my fair share of Cracker Barrels on tour. Cool that they're branching out westward. I was surprised when they opened the one in Vegas a few years back.

my fat ass doesnt need eggs or bacon, but it sure would be cool if they ever brought a waffle house to norcal...always loved late night smothered and covered after friday night qualifying in the midwest...we got our first crackervarrel here right before covid hit..anyone like crackerbarrel?
When Terry put Gary Ormsby JR and I on a truck together he wouldn't eat until we found a Cracker Barrel or a Hard Rock cafe, and he wasn't happy if we couldn't stay at the Embassy Suites. It is not that easy finding one that you can get a truck and trailer in but we did our best just about every freaking day. Oh the 90's were fun.🙂 How is your grandpa?

Last edited:
We still have a few Waffle Houses in Phoenix. Used to love going there & getting waffles & eggs. Am kind of amazed they are still in business. Does anyone ever remember a place in San Antonio, Texas, called the Tee Pee? Big steak house & they had the 72 OZ steak free if you could eat it. My 2 fav steak houses are Texas Roadhouse & Longhorn. Where I live, we have both of those, literally side by side. We used to have a Black Angus next to those two, but it went out of business. Oh, Culvers, has custard & it is soooooo good. Vanilla with chocolate syrup...... (blood sugar just went up 20 points)

I have a question about Cruz. Is his current wife the same one as he had back in the 90's when he broke in?

When Terry put Gary Ormsby JR and I on a truck together he wouldn't eat until we found a Cracker Barrel or a Hard Rock cafe, and he wasn't happy if we couldn't stay at the Embassy Suites. It is not that easy finding one that you can get a truck and trailer in but we did our best just about every freaking day. Oh the 90's were fun.🙂 How is your grandpa?

Hi Eugene! Pops great...he's been officially "retired" for years now, though I can't remember him taking a day off yet. He jas a pretty consistent stream of street rod amd sprint car motors he builds or rebuilds for local guys, he has his 32 pickup almost completly restored and hes been helping the Morel family run the Lil City Charger...and Junior is still high maintenece ha..when I saw you retired this year it sure was bittersweet..happy for you but sad realizing theres fewer and fewer of us from that era left active out there...including myself...hope you are doing well and happy thanksgiving!

Hey if I may derail the thread again, what's Gary Jr up to these days? Didn't he do a little driving stint years ago?

Hey if I may derail the thread again, what's Gary Jr up to these days? Didn't he do a little driving stint years ago?

haha..Im participating in the thread derail til the WWF style posters retreat...Gary is doing great...hes a real estate agent and flips investment properties here in the sierra foothills...and yes he drove dexter tuttles dragster for a bit, and then for some canadian alcohol dragster team then randy meyer back im the late 2000's....i believe he ran 5.13 or 5.10 when the next quickest car was like high 5.20's...that run stood for a long time...up until a few years ago I believe...I'll tell him you guys remember him...I tell him all the time nobody has ever heard of him besides me and my pop ha

The nice thing is that JC already has been working with the Dodge bodies at DSR so he won't have to figure out the Toyota body. I don't know which chassis Cruz uses.
report I read or saw said JC was familiar with the chassis so I guess it is a DSR chassis. Should be an easy transition. I always thought the Pedregon boys had a chip on their shoulder but sure don't know all the facts. Competition is good no matter the source.

You old washed up, cup half empty ********. Why don't you go get into your car and crash yourself head-on into a wall.

Glad to see you cleaned up your racist rant computer tuff guy! With a big mouth!
Hope team Zizzo finds the funds to make it out to Sonoma! I’ll personally pay you a visit!
My advice is stay home!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back