Live, Baby , Live (1 Viewer)

The nerve of the staying with the Drag race and allowing it to run over. Don't they know I set my DVR to tape it according to the schedule so now I will miss the last 36 min! Who do I write to and complain. :D

I watched the first few minutes and set the DVR for the rest as I had to out. I knew it started on time so I never thought they would go over. Oh well, I am glad they stayed with it.

The nerve of the staying with the Drag race and allowing it to run over. Don't they know I set my DVR to tape it according to the schedule so now I will miss the last 36 min! Who do I write to and complain. :D

I watched the first few minutes and set the DVR for the rest as I had to out. I knew it started on time so I never thought they would go over. Oh well, I am glad they stayed with it.
Did you really miss the last 36 minutes Jim?? That BLOWS!! I see they are replaying the Busch race again at midnight here... I guess watching the Busch cars three times in one day isn't overkill... :D They could re-air qualifying like the good old days... ;)

It was a rare treat and I enjoyed every moment of it. Again, thanks to ESPN2 making the best of the circumstances presented to them and rolling with it to give us live coverage. Everything fell into place just so in order for that to happen, I bet, and it was awesome. I almost set the DVR for that today, too, but put off running errands a bit to stay home and watch. Glad I did.

In Dave's defense I heard him ask her if she wanted them to turn the cameras off. She said no....give him a break! No one's bitching about Mike Dunn pushing John to near tears. I think Ashley's strong enough to put Dave in his place if she thought it was out of line. I think he showed compassion.

In Dave's defense I heard him ask her if she wanted them to turn the cameras off. She said no....give him a break! No one's bitching about Mike Dunn pushing John to near tears. I think Ashley's strong enough to put Dave in his place if she thought it was out of line. I think he showed compassion.
Kel, I agree... However I think the wrong question was asked... JMO How would you feel if someone asked you that same question with feelings being so raw right now... I think this is a question that the Bigs came up with in their tuesday morning meeting... I just think a little healing needs to happen before you throw a hardball like that...

Ray, I think it's all raw BUT all the members of JFR know what questions will be asked and the media is directed what to ask. I've always been impressed with Dave and his treatment of the teams. I personally didn't find the interview in bad taste at all. Ashley cried.....bottom line. Don't blame the media. Blame her gender first.

Ray, I think it's all raw BUT all the members of JFR know what questions will be asked and the media is directed what to ask. I've always been impressed with Dave and his treatment of the teams. I personally didn't find the interview in bad taste at all. Ashley cried.....bottom line. Don't blame the media. Blame her gender first.
I would NEVER blame her gender PERIOD... I am very emotional myself, not the cry on a dime type... But there are things that bring flowing tears to my eyes along with that lump in the throat... Not for one second do I believe that two different announcers interviewing two different drivers are asking the same exact question, word for word... I pointed out that Dunn did the same, so this was not a bash Rieff deal... I just think it was a very poor and somewhat classless thing to ask... Think about it... What makes your local evening news?? A family grieving, totally sobbing over the loss of a loved one who has been killed in one manner or another... That is what makes "for good TV"?? Not in my opinion... My alternative question would have been much more appropriate... Gender first?? No way...

Last edited:
Quote- "IF YOU COULD SEE ERIC, ONE MORE TIME; WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO HIM"
At which time Ashley teared up and started crying... 45 seconds that ripped my heart out... :( They kept the camera on her the entire time and zoomed in of course... But Ashley was able to answer the question while tears just poured from her beautiful eyes... It just didn't seem like a question that should have been asked when the wound is barely a scab...

I know that some questions want an answer... I just think that one, should have waited or never been asked at all...
I'm sorry, but Dave Rieff crossed the line... IMO- :mad:

I might point out that Dunn asked the same question of JF... It was like his breath was taken away and I really thought John was going to cry as well... He teared up and choked back tears, but answered Dunn's question and moved on...

EDIT- What will you remember most about Eric?? That would have been a more appropriate question IMO...

I think rather than criticizing Dave we should use the message he (or ESPN) was attempting to convey...

Never take life for granted. Each and every time your loved one walks out the door, whether to get the groceries or to strap into a 330 M.P.H. race car, it may very well be the last time you ever see them. Love them as if there is no tomorrow.

God bless JFR, all it's team members, and especially Eric Medlen.

I think rather than criticizing Dave we should use the message he (or ESPN) was attempting to convey...

Never take life for granted. Each and every time your loved one walks out the door, whether to get the groceries or to strap into a 330 M.P.H. race car, it may very well be the last time you ever see them. Love them as if there is no tomorrow.

God bless JFR, all it's team members, and especially Eric Medlen.
Gordon
That IS my exact point... I never hang up the phone, walk out of the door, or anytime I get together with a loved one... The last words ALWAYS spoken are, I LOVE YOU... If you have to go back and ask a question like... IF YOU COULD SEE ERIC, ONE MORE TIME; WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO HIM?? Those feelings should already be known, long before... Some get it, others will question it, some will never understand... NO ONE is promised tonight... Let those you truely care about, know it before it is to late... JMO-

Gordon
That IS my exact point... I never hang up the phone, walk out of the door, or anytime I get together with a loved one... The last words ALWAYS spoken are, I LOVE YOU... If you have to go back and ask a question like... IF YOU COULD SEE ERIC, ONE MORE TIME; WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO HIM?? Those feelings should already be known, long before... Some get it, others will question it, some will never understand... NO ONE is promised tonight... Let those you truely care about, know it before it is to late... JMO-

Well said my friend. As you say, some get it and some don't. Hopefully, after that on-air question (like it or not) more people "get it" today than yesterday...

And while I'm at it - we may not all agree all of the time, but I love all of my 'mater friends...

Last edited:
Senor Chief, RG...

Always... Always let those in your life know... hugs and a simple I love you, even my grown sons, son-in-law, my grand kids, Pop and my Wicked-Step-Mother... and a lot of you guys and ladies on here... You've heard me at my worst Ray, Thank you Bro.

Ya'll mean a lot to me... Thanks People

Well said my friend. As you say, some get it and some don't. Hopefully, after that on-air question (like it or not) more people "get it" today then yesterday...

And while I'm at it - we may not all agree all of the time, but I love all of my 'mater friends...
No family agrees on everything, that is normal and a part of life... We here may get heated or may not agree at times, but the love is always in the room for everyone here... I love you to Gordon... I know alot of people can't muster those words for some reason... But I love and respect you all... If you read my signature, I think it says it all... Some will get it, for those that don't, I'm sorry...

I guaranty someone is going to say get a room... :rolleyes:

Gotta run - elims are starting and as we discussed a month or so ago, I don't want to know...

No Ray... We get IT...

And Senior Chief... Your on my List... When ya add the second star?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back