Line Steps Up to Start Second, Eyes First Topeka Win (1 Viewer)

Jason Line and the Summit Racing team rebounded from an uncharacteristic performance on Friday to power their way into the field during the final day of qualifying for the NHRA Summer Nationals in Topeka, Kansas. With their quickest time from Friday falling outside the top twelve, Line came into Saturday’s action at Heartland Park Topeka without an official time as per NHRA regulations, requiring he earn a spot based on his two final attempts.

Fortunately, despite the slightly elevated temperatures, any concerns as to the KB Racing driver’s participation on race day were quickly allayed, as he posted the quickest time of the third session at 6.648-seconds with a top speed of 206.76 mph to claim the second starting spot for Sunday’s final eliminations. The Mooresville, NC native punctuated that performance by posting the quickest time in the fourth and final session at 6.683-seconds, 206.20 mph, putting himself on solid ground for race day.

The current NHRA Pro Stock points leader will open against No. 15 qualifier Kurt Johnson in the first round tomorrow as he looks to score his first win on the Kansas quarter-mile, a track that has given him fits in the past.

“After our disappointing performance on Friday, we knew we needed to come up with some answers for today,” said Line. “Fortunately, everyone on this Summit Racing team did a great job, making all the right calls, and we made two really nice runs to move up to second.

“It’s a big deal any time you can be low in both sessions, but to do it here in Topeka where I’ve struggled so much in the past is pretty special. I’m also excited heading into tomorrow because we have a car that I feel has a legitimate shot at winning the race. All in all, it was just a great day.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back