Jason Line Will Start Second at the U.S. Nationals (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Weather was the predominant story of the final day of qualifying for the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, IN, as rain curtailed the day’s activities to a single attempt late on Sunday afternoon, with the higher temperatures and humidity precluding any changes at the top of the Pro Stock starting order. As a result, Summit Racing Pontiac driver Jason Line’s 6.620-second20time from Saturday remained his run of record, earning the Terrell, NC resident the second starting position for Monday’s final eliminations at O’Reilly Raceway Park.

However, Line’s 6.633-second pass on Sunday, which was the second among the 29 cars making an attempt, left him cautiously optimistic about his chances of reversing his fortunes at the Hoosier state quarter-mile and adding a U.S. Nationals win to his racing resume.

“We made a pretty good run with our Summit Racing Pontiac today,” said Line. “In fact, it was the best one we had made in qualifying, which is obviously the way you want to go into eliminations. With the progress we’ve made, I feel good about our chances for tomorrow.

“However, we still have some work to do to make the other Summit cars (driven by teammate Greg Anderson and Ronnie Humphrey) as happy as this one. Fortunately, we know we have a good car for race day, and if I can let the clutch out on time four times tomorrow, I might just turn my Indianapolis luck around.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back