Lewis Bloom (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Lewis Bloom announced on Twitter that today was his last day as an NHRA Employee. What a loss?

Does anyone know if it was his choice, or if this is part of a likely re-structuring due to the financial effects of COVID-19?

Lewis Bloom announced on Twitter that today was his last day as an NHRA Employee. What a loss?

Does anyone know if it was his choice, or if this is part of a likely re-structuring due to the financial effects of COVID-19?
What a lose really like him.

Ok, let me re-phrase that. As some get a bit older, one would think that a younger group would be refreshing. And do you think Lewis just hopped off the seat and said, I'm just gonna hang it up? He really isn't that old or was Bob frey when he retired unless they both figured that they have plenty of money in their bank acct?

I am genuinely curious as to how you came up with that?

Alan
Well alan I guess were are all curious as to why Lewis is gone people did like his insight - so how about some insight from you - not to cause trouble but just interested on what is happening. \Mike

Ok, let me re-phrase that. As some get a bit older, one would think that a younger group would be refreshing. And do you think Lewis just hopped off the seat and said, I'm just gonna hang it up? He really isn't that old or was Bob frey when he retired unless they both figured that they have plenty of money in their bank acct?
Bob Frey retired when he was 65, so retirement age. I think Lewis' departure is driven by the current times.

I just don't like the fact that some gang up on me, Lewis is not that old, Bob, a little bit seasoned, he was 65 but age doesn't matter look at Alan Reinhart. He prob. gets up, $hits rust and off to work he goes. I honestly think it is NHRA trying to steer in a different direction but, Jeez, don't unload your guys that have a wealth of info!! just my opinion.

Bob Frey 100% left on his terms at the time of his choosing. And he has continued to work some of the heritage events and other things as well as maintaining the database that he built himself that Lewis and the rest of us use. I still talk to him often as he is a valuable resource.

I think what happened with Lewis should be obvious to anyone. Many organisations are having to make difficult decisions at this time. He told me yesterday (I called to check on him as any friend would do) that he had his retirement plan in place and was only going to work another year or two max. So he moved up the timetable.

And I didn't "Gang Up" on you or anyone else, I asked where you came up with what you said. Apparently you just made it up out of thin air. You responded with a personal attack on me.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back