Let's try this again... (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
It's worth reposting because we lost a really good racing company.

Last friday was the end of business for Phoenix Custom Apparel, the official uniform supplier of NHRA. Nine and a half years of making some of the coolest-looking crew shirts and some of the safest driving suits on the market. Good luck to Bruce, Eric, Mary, Matt and all the other great people at Phoenix.

Home

If you wish to make it a political debate, the old thread is running in the Politics Room (where a lot of people can't get to it...)- blow your wad in there... :mad:

The folks at Phoenix will hopefully take their experience and apply it elsewhere in our sport, if we are lucky...

It's worth reposting because we lost a really good racing company.

If you wish to make it a political debate, the old thread is running in the Politics Room (where a lot of people can't get to it...)- blow your wad in there... :mad:

The folks at Phoenix will hopefully take their experience and apply it elsewhere in our sport, if we are lucky...

I paid my dollar and can't get to it. Unfortunately, speaking the truth about what is happening isn't politically correct.

I guess all these companies closing is due to just plain old rotten luck for them.:rolleyes:

Who's next?

RG

I paid my dollar and can't get to it. Unfortunately, speaking the truth about what is happening isn't politically correct.

I guess all these companies closing is due to just plain old rotten luck for them.:rolleyes:

Who's next?

RG

You just have to tell or ask Shannon that you want access.

Who's next?

RG
Your thoughts were spot on, Randy. And the truth has nothing to do with keeping this thread in the proper place.

It's just this needs to stay on topic and not get all wanky about the politics..in the NHRA forum.

So..with that thought. I am really sorry to hear that Phoenix Custom Apparel is giving it up. They rocked!

We purchased some really great crew shirts from Phoenix, and they are great. They were VERY expensive, but the customer service was fantastic, and I feel I got what I paid for. I wear them every time we race (like this weekend).

Unfortunately, the barriers to entry in that business are very low: it takes some sewing equipment, some pretty common printing equipment, and off you go. I paid some of my way through college in the t-shirt business, for gosh sakes.

Any business that is that easy to get into, is so hard to differentiate yourself in, and is so labor dependent will have a tough row to hoe. You'll always have someone willing to underbid you. No, not the Chinese, just some clown down the street willing to sell his soul for a few bucks less -- until he goes out of business, and the process repeats.

I'm really sorry to see them go. And I'm really sorry to see people here somehow turn every discussion into a chance to get their political zings in. If I wanted that, there's a plethora of cable channels and a bazillion web sites that I could visit.

It is too bad about the Phoenix guys. They did some stuff for me a couple years ago and it was just great. The service was outstanding and I was really impressed with the quick turn-around. A very sad and unfortunate situation. My best to these folks on their future.

Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back