LE Tonglet finishes Pro Bike season in seventh place (1 Viewer)

With his one-year reign as the Full Throttle Series Pro Stock Motorcycle champion ending Sunday, LE Tonglet put a positive finish on it with a first-round win that moved him into seventh place in the 2011 standings.

His Nitro Fish/Tonglet Racing Suzuki GSXR drove around Gerald Savoie and got the win light at 6.942 seconds at 191.05 mph to Savoie’s 7.076 at 175.87. The decision moved Tonglet past Savoie and into seventh place in the series standings. Tonglet finished with 2,354 points while Savoie was eighth at 2,337.

“We were happy to move up in points,” said Tonglet with a smile. “Now we start focusing on next year. This year really wasn’t too bad – we did win four races – but we weren’t able to do much in the Countdown (to the Championship playoffs) this time.”

Tonglet jumped out in front in his quarterfinal match against Eddie Krawiec, but he couldn’t hold him off. Krawiec won with a 6.853 at 196.97 to Tonglet’s 6.937 at 191.27.

“We tried to steal one against him,” said Gary Tonglet, the team owner/tuner and LE’s father. “It was a good race. We just didn’t have enough horsepower.”

“I’m looking forward to 2012,” added LE, “and I know I won’t be stressed for a while.”

His first 2012 race begins March 8 in Gainesville, Fla.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back