LE Tonglet to start seventh despite engine trouble at E-Town (1 Viewer)

ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. – Motor problems Saturday clobbered LE Tonglet twice, leaving the Tonglet Racing Nitro Fish Pro Stock Motorcycle team wondering if it would be able to compete in Sunday’s NHRA SuperNationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park.

LE’s primary power plant – in place for the season’s first three events – broke a crankshaft on the day’s first qualifying run. Meanwhile, team owner Gary Tonglet found a bad cylinder in the back-up motor.

“I guess old reliable isn’t reliable anymore,” lamented LE Tonglet. “I am glad that it didn’t happen in the finals at Atlanta” (May 21 when he beat Karen Stoffer).

“I knew the motor didn’t sound right during the run. It began vibrating halfway down the track, and then it shut itself off.”

LE qualified seventh with his quickest quarter-mile run of 6.893 seconds at 190.83 mph. He meets Michael Phillips (No. 10, 6.913 at 195.99) in the opening round.

“We are going to try to make one good motor out of the two we have,” he added. “We should have something in it for Sunday . . . without me pushing it.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back