Larry Dixon (1 Viewer)

Eracer

Nitro Member
I have never been a hugh Dixon fan...Never dis-liked him.Just always cheered for someone else. After today, to see how excited he was and to climb the fence with his kids. I am a FAN now! Way to go Larry and Team!

Awesome win by LD, cool to see the mini fence climb......loved the comment by Mike Dunn, call social services Steve Johnson is on the fence.

GReat to see Larry win! Did'nt luck into this at all. Blimp shot of one round showed Larry got left on bad, thank god he had a great car. Ran mid '80s all day, key was getting lane choice every round. Race was about sealed up in the pedalfest of Shumacher and Cory in the semis left LD in the left lane again. Cory DID make it interesting in final, he made it down the right lane with a very game run. Larry was stellar on the lights in the final with .60 reaction and won going away. All weekend it did not look like they hurt anything to bad and like I said earlier could have run bracket 1 for a win. Best picture again was his celebrating with his kids climbing the fence!

Great job Team!!

I was there to watch Larry and the Al Anabi team march on to victory and it was incredible! I was rooting for Larry and the team pulled through and showed why they're 10 for 10 this year. What an amazing accomplishment.

So many great memories from the Big Go this year. Ashley beating Beckman and John beating Hagan in the semis was great. That was a TON of fun to watch. The crowd erupted both times and I was right there with them. Congrats to Team Force!

Brad Personett was great, too. That car is incredible. That's all you can say. The amount of power that car generates at the top end of the track is insane - he just fly's past other cars. The 5.89 he ran in the quarters blew everyone in the crowd away. I'm really glad for those guys as they're based out of Elkhart, Indiana and their engine was built by Precision Turbo which is based in my home town.

All in all, a great year at Indy!

Last edited:
I was there to watch Larry and the Al Anabi team march on to victory and it was incredible! I was rooting for Larry and the team pulled through and showed why they're 10 for 10 this year. What an amazing accomplishment.

So many great memories from the Big Go this year. Ashley beating Beckman and John beating Hagan in the semis was great. That was a TON of fun to watch. The crowd erupted both times and I was right there with them. Congrats to Team Force!

Brad Personett was great, too. That car is incredible. That's all you can say. The amount of power that car generates at the top end of the track is insane - he just fly's past other cars. The 5.89 he ran in the quarters blew everyone in the crowd away. I'm really glad for those guys as they're based out of Elkhart, Indiana and their engine was built by Precision Turbo which is based in my home town.

All in all, a great year at Indy!

Personett's car is wicked. I think it was the semi's when they went past us at 350fthe was so far behind yet somehow ran em down for the win, very impressive

Personett's car is wicked. I think it was the semi's when they went past us at 350fthe was so far behind yet somehow ran em down for the win, very impressive

Yeah, that sounds right PJ. He was 3-4 car lengths behind and we all sat there stunned to see the win light come up on his side. That 255+ mph run also blew us away.

My ex and I used to call Larry "Chicklets"! I died laughing Bob, thanks! I needed that! Congrats, and no offense, to Larry and Jason and the whole
Al-Alan Team!

Very impressive, indeed. Those turbos apparently hit incredibly hard towards the top end.

And how cool is it hearing that car pop at the starting line? I love it.

We always thought L.D. looked like Mike Modano{ the Dallas Stars ,hockey player for those who don't know }

My ex and I used to call Larry "Chicklets"! I died laughing Bob, thanks! I needed that! Congrats, and no offense, to Larry and Jason and the whole
Al-Alan Team!
I don't know where that name came from ;) Hey, he's the man, I think he can take a bit o crap from us in humor! We're just jealous.

I'm a big Larry Dixon fan. What's cool about Larry is he "gets it", when talking about the Indy mystique. When he talks about driving to Indy as a little kid in a station wagon with his dad, I can relate, as I did the same when my dad ran Comp back in the same era. And to this day, when I go to Indy, I can feel "it". For that matter, even the years I don't make it, like this year, i still feel it. I know Indy has gotten diluted somewhat because there are so many other races now, but to many, it's still very special.

larry and team enjoying year we all thought would happen rite out of box last year

We always thought L.D. looked like Mike Modano{ the Dallas Stars ,hockey player for those who don't know }

Actually Kurt, Mo's a Red Wing now (which I still can't believe). :mad:

Whenever I'm not rooting for the Kalitta cars - I'm cheering for the AJR cars; they're a great bunch "over there"; so I'm happy for Larry

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back