Langdon, no sponsor next year? (1 Viewer)

turbo ken

Nitro Member
Anyone else catch what he said on Fridays qualifying show when asked about Del, and Nicky leaving next year to tune for Alexis. Pretty much sounded like he has no pro ride for next year.

What I got out of it was although Worsham and Boninfonte were leaving, he didn't say that he didn't have a ride for next year. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember right, that's Shawns deal that he brought to Kaletta as pay to play deal just like drivers do in F1? Like Alexis did with Patron. If I remember right when Shawn switched from T/F to F/C it was because global technologies thought that F/C was a bigger billboard for there brand? Connie probably said, "with that kind of money I think we can do that"?

Last edited:
Sounded pretty dejected,hope he can race fulltime next year,said all he is entered for is the two million dollar races next year

I'm guessing that Global is moving on next year and that leaves Kalitta without funding for the second FC. And if funding can't be found Shawn will get his walking papers. Or, Global is out and a driver with funding will replace Shawn. Just speculating.

I've always been told that the Global owners would prefer a dragster over a funny car. Might explain the associate deal Mike Salinas's car (or did I imagine that).Wouldn't be surprised to see a Alan Johnson dragster with Global on the side next year. Please remember I have no knowledge of any deal, just pure speculation on my part.

I've always been told that the Global owners would prefer a dragster over a funny car. Might explain the associate deal Mike Salinas's car (or did I imagine that).Wouldn't be surprised to see a Alan Johnson dragster with Global on the side next year. Please remember I have no knowledge of any deal, just pure speculation on my part.

If they preferred a Dragster why did they switch to a Funny Car? They had a dragster first.

Alan

IF Langdon did lose his ride, he is still a really good bracket racer. Would not surprise me to see him win a million race.

Maybe Shawn needs to put his bracket cars away and dedicate himself to developing sponsorship that lives with him, instead of depending on teams to hire him for his now class average leaving skills. The secret to longevity in pro drag racing is not starting line talent, but boardroom talent.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back