Langdon/Hart (1 Viewer)

Since Langdon was the last one to stage, or attempt to. I would say he was the one hanging everybody out. Where does it say in the rules that Langdon gets to stage last !!
It doesn't that's why he took the blame and apologized for it. But like he said, Josh has a reputation in the TF pits of using all of his legally allotted time. Like Captain A/Fuel Hero said above, when you are sitting there with both stage lights on, clutch out, and fuel pumps WFO, one second feels like an eternity and seven feels like you missed Christmas you've waited so long. Shawn was willing to wait out Josh to make sure he didn't get hung out and it bit him. I re-watched it 3-4 times when it happened and you can see that as soon as Josh staged, Langdon started bumping in. Another 2-3 tenths of a second and it would have been fine, but like Corey said, Josh himself BARELY got his car staged in time.

Just out of curiosity, if someone double bulbs, does that start the 7 seconds or does it only start after everyone has pre-staged?

I'm with Ghio; dive in quick and then put the top bulb out when the last car is in. The fistfight at the top end would be epic.
Force did just that. Said "I didn't do that on purpose ok. old habits die hard. alright", or maybe not ..

Having the driver next to you is one thing. Having too wait on, and watch 3 other candy thieves and brats. Really. lol

Caught flaccid on the starting line outweighs having your a** handed to you on a triple holeshot.

On too Charlotte ...

Last edited:
It doesn't that's why he took the blame and apologized for it. But like he said, Josh has a reputation in the TF pits of using all of his legally allotted time. Like Captain A/Fuel Hero said above, when you are sitting there with both stage lights on, clutch out, and fuel pumps WFO, one second feels like an eternity and seven feels like you missed Christmas you've waited so long. Shawn was willing to wait out Josh to make sure he didn't get hung out and it bit him. I re-watched it 3-4 times when it happened and you can see that as soon as Josh staged, Langdon started bumping in. Another 2-3 tenths of a second and it would have been fine, but like Corey said, Josh himself BARELY got his car staged in time.
I had time to rewatch the run. I was wrong in my memory. Everything you said is correct. No jury duty for me.😊

I wish the next event was a standard race. For the possibility that they'd draw each other on the ladder alone.

Just sounds to me like Langdon doing alot of whining because he made a wrong decision and got timed out. If I remember correctly there was no problems with Josh Hart in the next round.

I wish the next event was a standard race. For the possibility that they'd draw each other on the ladder alone.
But... they could run 3 rounds in a row together... ;)
I just don't get being upset at Josh Hart for slow staging.
Josh is living in Shawn's head rent free at the moment (probably without trying)
And it caused Shawn to make a mistake.
IMHO, you have got to be ready for anything.
I used to race a guy locally who would back up from his burnout at about 2 mph.
We upgraded our cooling system.
He was not doing anything wrong, so we adapted.

Shawn has been "through the ranks" so I'm really surprised that any of this bothers him. Seems like a little more deflection of his own mistakes than anything else. Surely he's seen more than his fair share of staging and other games while in the Super classes, etc. So that leads me to think that maybe Shawn was trying to throw Hart off his game and it backfired, leading to the ensuing drama.

Langdon is good enough to know the old adage know your competitors and adjust accordingly.

Langdon was more upset with himself than with anyone else. He just waited to long. I think he thought he had 7 seconds after 3rd car went in and it doesn't work like that.

Langdon was more upset with himself than with anyone else. He just waited to long. I think he thought he had 7 seconds after 3rd car went in and it doesn't work like that.
i thought it was 7 secs after the first car is all in! . . . . . . Remember Langdon and Todd are drivers who do not have family ties or a financial investment in the team, that locks in their ride, therefore they HAVE to perform. I'm sure everyone remembers how J.R. got his ride in the first place !

So was I.
I have Youtube TV, so I can look at my recordings anywhere i have an internet connection. Steve slammed his helmet down before Talking to Amanda. He did make a comment got caught up in some stupid game of someones. In Shawn's interview, he did take ownership.

i thought it was 7 secs after the first car is all in! . . . . . . Remember Langdon and Todd are drivers who do not have family ties or a financial investment in the team, that locks in their ride, therefore they HAVE to perform. I'm sure everyone remembers how J.R. got his ride in the first place !
7 seconds is after the 1st car goes in
I have Youtube TV, so I can look at my recordings anywhere i have an internet connection. Steve slammed his helmet down before Talking to Amanda. He did make a comment got caught up in some stupid game of someones. In Shawn's interview, he did take ownersh
I have Youtube TV, so I can look at my recordings anywhere i have an internet connection. Steve slammed his helmet down before Talking to Amanda. He did make a comment got caught up in some stupid game of someones. In Shawn's interview, he did take ownership.
If Langdon was making a stand against Hart , the 4 wide was the worse race to do it. He involved 2 other drivers that had nothing to do with Langdon's little plan. Plus he did it poorly , which hung the other 2 drivers out.

Screenshot_20230419_081715_Gallery.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back