Langdon/Hart (1 Viewer)

It was Steve Torrence who said Josh is slow staging. Shawn Langdon was very professional in his interview.

I’ve always been a fan of Langdon, but I think he knows he’s been the main reason for their lack of success lately and maybe he’s cracking. If it’s normal procedure for Josh, then it wasn’t hanging anyone out. Maybe Josh’s opinion is others stage too fast. If it’s within the rules look no further than a mirror for the issue.

Edit: I should have said some of the lack of success. He obviously isn’t the main reason. Top fuel is so tough right now.

Last edited:
Langdon did call him out and then backed away taking responsibility. Steve-o was blunt as always. All's fair in love and Top Fuel. Every thou counts these days.

Josh reminds me of Blake Alexander, awkward in interviews. Huge fan of both, but their personalities are not huge on camera.

4wide staging question based on that run yesterday.
if someone is timed out, can the pair of cars NOT in that lane see the red light?
all (3) r.t.'s were crap on that run.

I’ve always been a fan of Langdon, but I think he knows he’s been the main reason for their lack of success lately and maybe he’s cracking. If it’s normal procedure for Josh, then it wasn’t hanging anyone out. Maybe Josh’s opinion is others stage too fast. If it’s within the rules look no further than a mirror for the issue.
How has Langdon been the reason?

4wide staging question based on that run yesterday.
if someone is timed out, can the pair of cars NOT in that lane see the red light?
all (3) r.t.'s were crap on that run.

Correct, you can only see the red light if they are in the lane you share the tree with. As far as RTs go, safe to assume all 3 of them were looking at the top of the tree waiting for the 4th stage bulb to light up when the tree flashed. Very few shift their focus to the 3 amber bulbs until they know the other driver (or drivers in 4-wide) is also staged.

How has Langdon been the reason?
I guess to be fair he was on the bad end of some good races. He did lose on a slight hole shot the first race and, in theory, had his light been better, could have had a hole shot in the next two where he was eliminated. Then there is this timeout.

I’m sure there is a lot of pressure as a driver for Connie. I would also guess he takes pride in being off the line first which he hasn’t been lately as I seem to remember him in the past. Just my opinion, with its performance, that car has not went as many rounds as I think it should. There are so many good drivers/cars in top fuel right now.

Last edited:
Correct, you can only see the red light if they are in the lane you share the tree with. As far as RTs go, safe to assume all 3 of them were looking at the top of the tree waiting for the 4th stage bulb to light up when the tree flashed. Very few shift their focus to the 3 amber bulbs until they know the other driver (or drivers in 4-wide) is also staged.
thank you for the explanation corey, i kinda' thought the red light does not show to all lanes, but wasn't sure.
would it be a reach to suggest this situation creates an almost impossible scenario for remaining competitors to have a good race with normal reactions?
an extremely awkward task of looking at last of (4) stage lights, which doesn't come on, followed by amber/green that no one is ready for.
........the (3) r.t.'s in that race were .186 .244 .364

Last edited:
It would be tough to cut a good light in that scenario, but not impossible. I'm not necessarily speaking for everyone else, but when I'm staged every second feels like 10 seconds, so I would assume for guys like Salinas and Torrence they felt like they were waiting forever for the other 2 to come in and, that's something that hasn't been talked about as much in a lot of these conversations...it was extremely close to having both Shawn AND Josh timed out. Josh only got in by a fraction of a second and he essentially saw his stage light come on with the tree flashing almost immediately after. It was just a unique situation all around and I think it would have been more surprising to see one of them cut their normal light than it was to see them late.

It's already awkward enough looking at 4 lights, especially if you're one of the middle two lanes, and this just exponentially compounded the difficulty to leave on time. Fun to watch, though!

Langdon did call him out and then backed away taking responsibility. Steve-o was blunt as always. All's fair in love and Top Fuel. Every thou counts these days.

Josh reminds me of Blake Alexander, awkward in interviews. Huge fan of both, but their personalities are not huge on camera.
I would also add Doug Kalitta to that list.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back