Langdon/Hart (1 Viewer)

Yeah, not a fan. Fortunately I have a race this weekend and won't be watching Charlotte.
That’s my feeling after being at this past weekend’s race in Vegas. It’s a lot to take in. But, hearing and feeling four fuel cars going WOT all at once is a visceral experience that cannot be duplicated anywhere.

I had a chance to watch the DVR of the race last night. It was interesting to hear JR Todd say that Langdon would try and do something tricky staging. At these 4 wides it seems the best approach would just be to get staged and not try to be clever. That said, they pointed out Force managed to stage last and deep, but Force has been at it a while….

thank you for the explanation corey, i kinda' thought the red light does not show to all lanes, but wasn't sure.
would it be a reach to suggest this situation creates an almost impossible scenario for remaining competitors to have a good race with normal reactions?
an extremely awkward task of looking at last of (4) stage lights, which doesn't come on, followed by amber/green that no one is ready for.
........the (3) r.t.'s in that race were .186 .244 .364
After the first couple of seasons of 4-wide races when there was some significant confusion for drivers, there have not been that many races involving drivers timing out. But Langdon's situation made it more clear to me that 4-wide racing is much more complicated than just keeping track of your lane's staging bulbs. You also have to pay attention to when the first driver stages and then specifically ignore what's going on in the other two lanes. Then, once you are staged, you also have to totally ignore everything else but the amber because any other lane (or lanes) could potentially time out and the tree will activate at 7 seconds. Then, seeing the red light of an opponent who's timed out OR left early is probably a liability because instinct will tell you you've won, but you are actually still racing against two other lanes that don't have that distraction.

I always told the guys driving for me in my TA/FC's after I stopped driving that any time you start worrying about the driver in the other lane he or she is now living rent free in your head. Especially since the 'tree will keep them honest. Let the scoreboard do the talking, and worry about what you can control...your own lane. We got bit hard a couple times because our driver thought he was going to teach our opponent a lesson. Lesson learned.

Steve never mentioned anyone by name. Literally the first words out of Langdon's mouth in his interview were "Josh has been hanging people out."
Torrence said something to the effect I don't know what funny games were being played, never mentioned Hart.

two 4wides in a row......zmax 1st rnd psb.....john hall is timed out in lane 3, leaving jianna evaristo sitting on line looking for 4th stage light
so she can rev her engine in anticipation of amber/green.

The Compulink AUTOSTART system will continue to be utilized at this event. However, unlike two-lane racing, the AUTOSTART system will not activate until all four vehicles are PRE-STAGED and one vehicle has STAGED.
Hey Kyle, what is your first race this year?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back