Kloeber tuning tj? (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

So, will it be Kloeber tuning ........... (fill in the blank Sponsor) Kenny Bernstein Racing funny car next year???

If So... Good for Mike! See...good things happen to those who come into the chat room!;)

So, will it be Kloeber tuning ........... (fill in the blank Sponsor) Kenny Bernstein Racing funny car next year???

If So... Good for Mike! See...good things happen to those who come into the chat room!;)

OR... will it be a dragster?

I would have thought Mike would have replaced Jimmy in the first place. I hope the team can have an respectable outing the remaining 4 races and hopefully they will be around next year in either a Dragster or Funny Car.

Kenny should get Kloeber to bring out the Werner Enterpirses MONOSTRUT T/F car that was in the works when Kloeber was over there.

I think this was a very good move on Kenny's part as long as he give Kloeber ALL HE NEEDS to be effective.

I think Kloeber has what it takes to be a first tier CC if he gets the owner support he needs.

-90% Jimmy

He'll get it as long as the car qualifies and starts going rounds.

nice opening shot today, lets see what they can do for pass #2

Back to back full pulls, 4.18 and 4.16. This is a good start for Kloeber, thank god! Hopefully, this is a good sign of things to come. Great job to the team, hopefully that will keep them in the show.

Mike has this car turned around!!!! 3 full runs in a row; 4.18, 4.16, and a 4.18. I can't tell you the last time the car had this kind of consistency!! Great job to the team and they are in the show.

Mike has this car turned around!!!! 3 full runs in a row; 4.18, 4.16, and a 4.18. I can't tell you the last time the car had this kind of consistency!! Great job to the team and they are in the show.

Paul I dont think they've made 3 full pulls all year combined until this weekend. Glad to see TJ finally running half decent again.

Alan:

How come you are so down on the mono strut? Being a non-insider, I'm obviously missing something here?

"Ingenuity in Action" is dead?

Thanks

90% Jimmy :p

Alan: How come you are so down on the mono strut? Being a non-insider, I'm obviously missing something here?"Ingenuity in Action" is dead?Thanks90% Jimmy :p

Jim - The Powers version of the Monostrut was sitting on a stand in their shop when we visited before the Indy 500. Had a chance to talk to Lee about it - seems there are problems with crosswinds and what happens if the car gets beyond a certain angle going downtrack.
I saw what I believe was the only test of the wing at Firebird time trials. It was pretty "twitchy". The area of the vertical component is very large. This design is very different than Garlits' original.
I would think this would be very difficult to wind tunnel test because of the need to simulate crosswind and car angle - not to mention the cost! Risking a car and driver to test it at speed on a strip may not be prudent.
Just reporting what i have seen and heard - Jim

Hopefully Kloeber will turn the team around and get a good start for 09. Tommy deserves that. Kind of a bummer seeing him boiling the hot dogs in the first round though.

Jim - The Powers version of the Monostrut was sitting on a stand in their shop when we visited before the Indy 500. Had a chance to talk to Lee about it - seems there are problems with crosswinds and what happens if the car gets beyond a certain angle going downtrack.
I saw what I believe was the only test of the wing at Firebird time trials. It was pretty "twitchy". The area of the vertical component is very large. This design is very different than Garlits' original.
I would think this would be very difficult to wind tunnel test because of the need to simulate crosswind and car angle - not to mention the cost! Risking a car and driver to test it at speed on a strip may not be prudent.
Just reporting what i have seen and heard - Jim

If the main advantage of the monostrut is to move the wing supports inboard away from the rear tires, why not just remove the bodywork to eliminate the wind resistance from a crosswind?

If the main advantage of the monostrut is to move the wing supports inboard away from the rear tires, why not just remove the bodywork to eliminate the wind resistance from a crosswind?

I don't have an answer for that! A guess would be that the skin provides some stiffening. It wrapped around the tubing and was secured at the back with what looked a lot like a piano hinge.
This is still a great concept and someone put a lot of time and effort into creating this - it was beautifully made. Combine the new tire with slower speeds and teams may feel that this is not a priority.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back