Kenny Bernstein Spy photo (1 Viewer)

Terrible. All that room on a Funny Car for beautiful design. If I didn't know better I'd think Monster was a drink to help you fall asleep faster.

That pic doesn't really show a lot of detail on the car itself if you think about it. I'm guessing the actual flopper paint will be a lot more detailed and nuanced once you see it up close. Give Kenny a chance here. He's been at this for a long time and knows what he's doing when it comes to doing right by your sponsor. Besides, this old fart is growing very weary of ultra busy loud graphics, and would like to see a return to paint jobs similar to what Scott Kalitta had on his car at the beginning of last season before he started barking the walls and had to repaint in in "carbon basic."

I say hold judgement until you see the car in person.

Looks just like the product! A can of Monster Energy.....:rolleyes:
I think Kenny is more concerned of the performance than the look. ;)

Come on guys, can't you see a performance tip when you see one? The CF for the Charger is going to be dipped black before the gelcoat, reducing paint weight, and the minimal corporate graphics will be so thin that part of the between round maintenance will be replacing letters that fly off at 340mph.... :rolleyes:

Monster sponsored a top alcohol flatbottom drag boat.
The thing was a glass black paint-job with the electric green monster stuff fairly small. Sounds very simple, but looked very good and classy. If Kenny keeps this feel, I think it will look nice. I would like to see all of his other sponsor stickers in that same electric green though.

From what I can see I like it. It's kind of hard to tell from the photo. I'll wait till I see it in person in about a week. I'll post some pics and video too.

By the way David, is that a 66 442 in your avatar? My Dad had one when I was a kid, that thing flew!

Dan

Last edited:
Wow.

I thought more people would like the look? I do.

I love the perspective of the rear of the car while doing a burnout on the trailer.

.....By the way David, is that a 66 442 in your avatar? My Dad had one when I was a kid, that thing flew!

Dan

[hijack]It's a 67 Dan. And yeah, if I didn't behave myself, I could do some serious damage to my insurance rates. I hope to have it running again this summer after a few years of rebuilding.Thanks for asking![/hijack]

Well, I've said it before, I happen to like clean, uncomplicated well done paint. I've a feeling there might be more to it than a simple graphic on the back of a rig in a small photo on the internet shows.

Nevermind the paint work.....

They could be tossing more cash at AMA SX, etc....

Nice welcome via I don't like hauler's paint scheme....

WTF.... The guy that owns Red Bull pisses away more cash than "the Donald"...

Nice thankyou for entering the sport.

Thanks for bringing back Kenny, but repaint your trailer....lol

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back