Fuller & Monostrut go 4.490! (1 Viewer)

You know, when I first read that Snake was taking his car to the windtunnel in canada... I never really thought much about the who's what's or why's... But now, this makes me wonder...:eek: I wonder where they got the mono from?? Does'nt Snake run McKinney cars?? I wonder?? Well that is very interesting...:D

Think this is enough proof yet for NHRA to quit fooling around and make the monostrut legal?

Don't get *too* excited, remember this is only testing. What's to say they only have 85% in the tank or a rev-limiter in place. They might have hopped it all out to see what the wing will take.

Don't get *too* excited, remember this is only testing. What's to say they only have 85% in the tank or a rev-limiter in place. They might have hopped it all out to see what the wing will take.

Why not get excited? Regardless of what was in the tank, it still went 4.49? If it can handle a 4.49 with 100% Nitro and no rev-limiter, I'm willing to bet it can handle a 4.49 at 85% Nitro with a rev-limiter. If it's safer, then it's safer and NHRA needs to wake up and smell the Nitro, er, uh, oops, I mean coffee.

Last edited:

You dont go out and test above 85% or without the limiter , Simply because the data you aquire is USELESS.

TF @ IHRA is 90% but when we go there we run 85% simply cause it doesnt help to run above what is mandated in NHRA.

Let's hope we don't find out when a tire comes apart.
Are the TF teams still having tire concerns?
and as far as smelling the coffee perhaps certain suits in Glendora need to sit up from their stool at the local bar and take notice of the monostrut design.

Why are people suprised this car went .49? I know they said it was 40 lbs. overweight but so what. Until it starts outrunning the other cars out there, there won't be a Mad dash rush to get these cars out there!:rolleyes:

Why not get excited? Regardless of what was in the tank, it still went 4.49? If it can handle a 4.49 with 100% Nitro and no rev-limiter, I'm willing to bet it can handle a 4.49 at 85% Nitro with a rev-limiter. If it's safer, then it's safer and NHRA needs to wake up and smell the Nitro, er, uh, oops, I mean coffee.

Oh, I agree, but my point is, don't necessarily *expect* a number like that in competition. I figure they were running it balls to the wall to see what the wing may or may not handle, but that is purely speculation on my part.

Hopefully, Fuller and team do well this year and I hope the monostrut is here to stay if it does in fact make the Top Fuel cars safer.

You dont go out and test above 85% or without the limiter , Simply because the data you aquire is USELESS.

TF @ IHRA is 90% but when we go there we run 85% simply cause it doesnt help to run above what is mandated in NHRA.

Not necessarily *useless* if they are testing the durability of the new wing strut.

I figure they were running it balls to the wall to see what the wing may or may not handle, but that is purely speculation on my part.

Here's a paragraph from Ted Yerzk's Wednesday Press Release:

The three-time NHRA Top Fuel winner became the first driver to record a 4.4-second elapsed time with a monostrut wing as the Valvoline team completed preseason testing on Wednesday afternoon at Firebird Raceway. On his only attempt of the day, the veteran racer used a tune-up from crew chief Rob Flynn to power his Valvoline/Matco Tools dragster to a performance of 4.490 seconds at 313 mph. Fuller lifted early on the run.

On his only other full pass of the six-day test, Fuller carded a run of 4.530, 326.

Not necessarily *useless* if they are testing the durability of the new wing strut.

Do you really think it's that easy to just mix the nitro different, put it in and run the car and boom it runs better???? To get the car to run that good with 98 or 90 percent would take a lot of work...A lot of changes in the set up, and different parts too. Definatly not worth the effort just for one or two runs.

I guarantee they ran that car just like they would at a national event.

.... and what kind of downforce do they have on that wing compared to the one they run now?

Wouldn't more donwforce equal more clutch thru the run?

I wonder if the monostrut offers any less drag as air passes around the mono vs instead of the conventional wing stand.:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back