Kalitta and "big valve" (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Any word on this? The thread in the tech forum has gone to crickets, perhaps someone here is in the know...

If you are talking about the "All in one valve" that Don Jackson came up with, a lot of the big teams are running it now. (Kalitta's , Forces, Head etc). Instead of using an AJ Valve (which improves response at the hit and better reaction times), a Slide valve (which regulates the amount of fuel from the hit until about 2.5 seconds), and a BDK Valve (which regulates fuel volume from around 1/2 track to the finish line),it can all be accomplished with the All in one Valve. A lot simpler, less parts and a 10 or so lb weight savings. You can actually draw in your fuel curve using air pressure to custom tailor your fuel curve. Del did a lot of work with Jackson and is a reason a lot of teams are running it now.

If you are talking about the "All in one valve" that Don Jackson came up with, a lot of the big teams are running it now. (Kalitta's , Forces, Head etc). Instead of using an AJ Valve (which improves response at the hit and better reaction times), a Slide valve (which regulates the amount of fuel from the hit until about 2.5 seconds), and a BDK Valve (which regulates fuel volume from around 1/2 track to the finish line),it can all be accomplished with the All in one Valve. A lot simpler, less parts and a 10 or so lb weight savings. You can actually draw in your fuel curve using air pressure to custom tailor your fuel curve. Del did a lot of work with Jackson and is a reason a lot of teams are running it now.

Ah yes, that is what I meant, the all-in-one valve. I was just curious as to which valves were merged into the all-in-one valve. Now I wonder what Alan Johnson is going to do since AJPE makes their own slide valve. Or Wesco Fabrication.

For no really good reason, I want one. A conversation starter, as it were (though that is not a good reason). I've gotten lots of comments about the crankshaft Randy gave me,
and the connecting rods and pistons I have. I guess I'm that boring that I need inanimate objects to start conversations, lol.

Last edited:
Conversation starter?
Like,. Is that a connecting rod in your pocket. Or are you happy to see me?
TMI
Lol

Donnie Bender has them. Let me know how much they cost and how much Donnie charges for initial setup.

Oh, I don't race, so like a said, it would be a conversation starter. And I am not sure if I want to spend over 2K (they surely have to be more than 2K) on a conversation starter/souvenir.

They actually cost less than 2K, and as for a conversation starter, there's not a lot to look at unless you take it apart. It's a billet tube with two fuel fittings and a place to plug in an air line.
Alan

They actually cost less than 2K, and as for a conversation starter, there's not a lot to look at unless you take it apart. It's a billet tube with two fuel fittings and a place to plug in an air line.
Alan

Well, so much for it being a conversation starter, lol. Surprised it is less than 2K, though, considering it is three valves in one.

Was it Del that worked with Don? If so, it goes to show he still has tuning chops...

Del really has some tuning chops. In the little world I race in I get a lot of "how do I solve tire shake" questions, I start by talking about the importance of keeping the rim in the center of the tire and eyes start to glaze over. Then I ask them to google Del Worsham Nitro Tuning 101, read that and come back and talk to me about the conversion of that philosophy to roughly 2,000 horsepower. Months before that article came out I had talked for a good while to Del and Jim Whiteley about my tuning issues in the staging lanes in Vegas. I found that if you would express the logic and direction you were taking they were more than willing to steer you based on their knowledge. The article coming out later the next year helped a lot of us think about how you need to let the tire catch up to the rim to combat shake and how minimizing the degree of out of sync'ness in the lower horsepower world we live in can really minimize it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back