K. C. Spurlock ? 1994 (1 Viewer)

I believe this is K.C. Spurlock in the "Fruit Of The Loom" funny car. The other lane is obvious. Taken at the Southern Nationals in 1994.

Wayne.

SPURLOCK.jpg

That would indeed be me in the left lane Wayne. The 94 car was designed by Greg Ozubko and painted by John Pugh and The Paintin' Place in CA. The 95 purple car was designed and painted by Pugh, as was the transporter.

Great memories!

Last edited:
More like drivers, and Bobby V. apparently handles himself quite well......

I can attest to the power of a Vandergriff right!!! Looking back the whole deal was a shame ... Bob and I were best of friends until business got in the way. We haven't spoken in years, but I still follow his racing and always wish my friend the best of luck.

K.C.'s big purple hauler was awesome going down the road. My son worked for K.C. then and helped drive the rig. They all hated the trailer because it was too tall, too low, too heavy, too long....you get the picture. And every time they blew out a trailer tire, it took all the hydraulics with it, which usually meant about a 4 hour deal getting everything fixed.

Hi Pat, nice to see your name pop up! Yes, RG and the guys hated that trailer .... It was terrific to work out of at the track, but a constant pain in the *$& to get TO the track.

Hope you are doing well!

In 1994-95 whenever it was, the Luxor Las Vegas sponsored the TF Dragster owned by John DePorter. His daughter Danielle was supposed to drive the car but was replaced for what ever reason by Rachelle Splatt from Australia. Splatt made the final spot on the Crager 300 MPH club at Phoenix with a perfect 300.00 speed if you can believe it! After 4-5 races the Sponsorship was yanked for reasons I never heard. What that has to do with Bob Brandt and Paul Smith you tell me?

That deal was set up for Splatt. Thing's started to go pear shape and then Danielle was to step in... But Luxor pulled the sponsorship out. Splatt also made the run and gained the final spot in Houston at the Slick 50 Nationals. :)

I have an article hanging about somewhere which talks about the deal, Ill search for this tomorrow.

Regards,

Michael

That deal was set up for Splatt. Thing's started to go pear shape and then Danielle was to step in... But Luxor pulled the sponsorship out. Splatt also made the run and gained the final spot in Houston at the Slick 50 Nationals. :)

I have an article hanging about somewhere which talks about the deal, Ill search for this tomorrow.

Regards,

Michael

Back at the time, I asked John DePorter how they came about signing Rachelle for that gig. He said the car was built for a small person, but I don't remember him telling me that Rachelle was tagged for the job from the get-go. I have a good pic of that car somewhere.

Believe it or not I actually ran into K.C. Spurlock in a bar in Perdido Key, FL (Pensacola, FL basically), called The Reef back in '98 or '99.

Dang! I've been in the Reef many times, but never ran into anybody that cool there. Just a bunch of old drunks mainly.

Not that there's anything wrong with old drunks necessarily....

.......... Just a bunch of old drunks mainly.

........'there's a lot of doctors who tell me, son you better start slowin'
it down, but there's more old drunks than there are old doctors so
i guess we better have another round'...........willie nelson.;)

Dang! I've been in the Reef many times, but never ran into anybody that cool there. Just a bunch of old drunks mainly.

Not that there's anything wrong with old drunks necessarily....

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha I still go there when I'm in town - I like that place. I hit Gene's Lounge a lot too - Gotta love Crossfire! Should I drop you a PM next time I'm headed to P'Cola?

Regards,

Michael

Wasn't Frank Bradley the tuner when Rachelle Splatt ran 300? I seem to recall he has some choice things to say about the De Porter's when Rachelle was "kicked" out of the seat.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back