Jerry Caminito - 1971 & 1994 (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
The first photo was taken in 1971 at a drag strip in Ringgold, Georgia called "Drag City". The track was about twenty miles from where I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This track closed for good in 1984. I can't give credit for the photo because the man that sent it to me didn't give his name.

The second photo I took at the Southern Nationals in 1994. My camera then didn't have any zoom so I'm having to crop the photos to get a closer look. Jerry Caminito survived one of the most vicious crashes ever recorded in one of his "Blue Thunder" cars. I don't know if this was the same one.

Wayne.

DRAGCITY-JERRYCAMINITO1971.jpg

CAMINITO94.jpg

I was always a fan of Jerry's I remember when I camped at Brainerd in 1989, his rig was parked right across from our campsite. While most others had the big semis by then, he was still operating out of a fifth wheel unit. I remember the body sitting on a couple of 55gal drums.

I remember after Jerry recovered from his near fatal crash, he had all brand new equipment that other racers had donated to him. But I don't think I saw him race but maybe 2-3 NHRA races after that...:rolleyes:

He was running a nitro crew course when he returned after that nasty accident but everyones performance had stepped up and I think the dollars to play were not in place....But Jerry is a way cool guy-

Actually I just stopped by Jerrys the other day to see if he had some stuff I needed. Hes doing well and one hell of a nice guy. Hes got a auto restoration biz now.

I'm glad things are ok...and yes I believe THAT is the car that he crashed..

You've seen all the bad ones..but that was just flat out nasty.

Jerry was always a great racer and always had a very clean operation. Jerry came to an IHRA race with us a few years back, it was fun to have gim come. Maybe we can drag him out for another.
Holeshot & Blue Thunder - two cool names.
Bobby Jr.

Actually I just stopped by Jerrys the other day to see if he had some stuff I needed. Hes doing well and one hell of a nice guy. Hes got a auto restoration biz now.

Send him the link to these photos if you can. I'll bet he doesn't have the old one. The guy that sent it to me went by the screen name of
CBX West.

Wayne.

Yep thats my Buddy Bob Snyder... Bob run around with Jerry for a whole bunch of years.. Bob was working for Jerry when he took the picture above....

i actually have the blower belt( what was left of it) off the car on that pass @ memphis . jerry is a cool hombre . actually called my house once when he did the $$ sponsorship deal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back