K. C. Spurlock ? 1994 (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
I believe this is K.C. Spurlock in the "Fruit Of The Loom" funny car. The other lane is obvious. Taken at the Southern Nationals in 1994.

Wayne.

SPURLOCK.jpg

Oh man, I used to really like that car. Something about the paint job on it did it for me. I remember thinking that Force's car with the flames was kinda dorky, but I kinda like it now.

That was the year he and Bob Vandergriff were teammates until they had a Huge blowup in the pits which led to a fight between crew members. Anyone remember that?

i liked the Fruit of the Loom car that came after this one.
it was solid purple w/bullet/missle shaped graphic/logo thru middle.
car/hauler/awning paint & graphics were beautiful.

Here's the rest of the photo uncropped. Actually my wife took this photo and that's me with the Levi-Garrett shirt on. I was a Bruce Allen fan.

Wayne.

SPURLOCK2.jpg

Yes I was there for that little 5th grade fist-a-cuff working on a car next to them....funny-childish stuff!

The best/scary one was Paul Smith beating up Bob Brandt as I came around the corner and Bob was missing his front 5 teeth...We stopped it or he would've killed Bob due to Bob talking smack about Dannielle Deporter...I'd say that Bob keeps his mouth shut now...

The best/scary one was Paul Smith beating up Bob Brandt as I came around the corner and Bob was missing his front 5 teeth...We stopped it or he would've killed Bob due to Bob talking smack about Dannielle Deporter...I'd say that Bob keeps his mouth shut now...

Ahhh 1994, don't you just miss it. That whole deal was bad, not only that, but that whole Luxor deal itself

K.C.'s big purple hauler was awesome going down the road. My son worked for K.C. then and helped drive the rig. They all hated the trailer because it was too tall, too low, too heavy, too long....you get the picture. And every time they blew out a trailer tire, it took all the hydraulics with it, which usually meant about a 4 hour deal getting everything fixed.

luxor deal? details?

In 1994-95 whenever it was, the Luxor Las Vegas sponsored the TF Dragster owned by John DePorter. His daughter Danielle was supposed to drive the car but was replaced for what ever reason by Rachelle Splatt from Australia. Splatt made the final spot on the Crager 300 MPH club at Phoenix with a perfect 300.00 speed if you can believe it! After 4-5 races the Sponsorship was yanked for reasons I never heard. What that has to do with Bob Brandt and Paul Smith you tell me?

Joe...Sponsorship was yanked due to the Paul beating up Brandt-

Rachelle drove the car because John and Danielle were not getting along/and Splatt paid to drive it...like many today-

Believe it or not I actually ran into K.C. Spurlock in a bar in Perdido Key, FL (Pensacola, FL basically), called The Reef back in '98 or '99. I saw him sittin' at the bar and I couldn't believe it. Anyway, me and a friend ended up introducing ourselves and swapping sea stories for drag racing stories deep into the night - we had a great time. I can't say how he feels today, but back then I can tell you he was very interested in getting back to racing... but like so many others, he lacked the corporate backing to do so.

He's actually a 'mater member, maybe he'll chime in and say hi.

Believe it or not I actually ran into K.C. Spurlock in a bar in Perdido Key, FL (Pensacola, FL basically), called The Reef back in '98 or '99. I saw him sittin' at the bar and I couldn't believe it. Anyway, me and a friend ended up introducing ourselves and swapping sea stories for drag racing stories deep into the night - we had a great time. I can't say how he feels today, but back then I can tell you he was very interested in getting back to racing... but like so many others, he lacked the corporate backing to do so.

He's actually a 'mater member, maybe he'll chime in and say hi.

Gordon,

Check out post number 22 & 24 in this thread...

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/15626-john-force-burnout-1995-a-2.html

Brian. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back