Just Who is NHRA trying to convince? (1 Viewer)

I don't get how not liking it is a bad thing or why I have to just accept it.

Good grief if some of you were around in the 1700's we'd still be under British rule with those attitudes.

Ya' really gotta' be kiddin'...........:confused:

Guess we have different ideas about what hills to die on...:eek:

I don't get why I have to just accept it.QUOTE]

I will give you one reason why, the Countdown is hear to stay. The format may change a little in the future, but the Countdown is not going anywhere.

So the Countdown's here to stay. Terrific. In no way, shape, form, or universe
does that mean those of us against it have to accept it. Phony bullshit when it was instituted, now, and when the last engine shuts off at Pomona.

If NHRA is billing the races from Indy on as the playoffs than why don't they lower the ticket prices for the regular season races? Clearly they don't mean as much as the last 6 races. Let's take Sonoma for example, which has one of the highest ticket prices on tour (Saturday's ticket was $55 and if you wanted to sit down it was an extra 10 bucks) they are charging the fans top dollar to see a test session for those drivers that already clinched. That is one of the reasons I am so opposed to this points system is that I attend such races as Sonoma, Englishtown and Reading which mean nothing. Another issue I have with the clowndown is that Richmond and Memphis are the tracks that host meaningful races. If they are hell bent on keeping this points system than they should rework the schedule to include Englishtown and Gainesville as chase races. This points system that was supposed to be for the fans is coming at the expense of the fans.

Huh.....I was at E-Town this year, enjoyed it immensely.

It was no '86 but still pretty good.

Judging by the fans around me they also seemed to be enjoying themselves.

THATS what it's all about.

Go ahead, be miserable.

All this is actually quite funny.........

New Coke just happened to turn into the old stuff IIRC. Maybe that is what will happen to the "chase, countdown, mistake, whatever".:)

hmmm. actually the whole 'new coke' thing was a ruse to hide the fact they switched from real sugar to corn syrup.

They never switched back to the real coke. Until they use sucrose again, it's new coke. No matter what they call it.
well, of course coke denies that, but I say just because the change occurred 6 months before new coke came out doesn't mean it wasn't done to make people forget that coke had been changed already.

they changed coke 6 months before new coke even came out. So when they went back to 'classic coke' it still wasn't the same coke we were drinking up until 1980, when half the sugar was replaced by corn syrup.

corn syrup is cheap , and also incredibly unhealthy. Sugar is better for you.

After reading this I understand why I 've been drinking Diet Coke for years.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: New Coke Origin

Last edited:
I will give you one reason why, the Countdown is hear to stay. The format may change a little in the future, but the Countdown is not going anywhere.

ya know what the "new and improved" basketball was here to stay in the nba last season too. The powers that be actually listened to the complaints and ditched it mid season.

Hopefully true compititon wins out and the counntdown goes away.

What happens next. IF teams still can't get around Tony, Greg or Force now that they've all been givien points. Will we no longer have heads up racing. Afterall we want excitemnet right. Was it exciting knowing Tony was going to win Indy again. Maybe we should have given everyone else a .10 head start, ya know just to make things interesting:rolleyes:

Hey Junkie........The odds were against Shoe.......Remember, NO ONE had won an event from the #1 spot all year. And as we all know, Shoe & AJ and company really show their worth at this particular time of year!!

Late..........Mitch

Hey Junkie........The odds were against Shoe.......Remember, NO ONE had won an event from the #1 spot all year. And as we all know, Shoe & AJ and company really show their worth at this particular time of year!!

Late..........Mitch

He showed it really well at Pomona last year. I think he should have been tossed from the event and Doug would have won the championship.

Damn, here I go again!:eek:

He showed it really well at Pomona last year. I think he should have been tossed from the event and Doug would have won the championship.

Damn, here I go again!:eek:

Bob.........You think Dougie would have wanted to win it that way? My guess is no. Run for it and they did. That horse has been dead almost a year now.

Late..............Mitch

Bob.........You think Dougie would have wanted to win it that way? My guess is no. Run for it and they did. That horse has been dead almost a year now.

Late..............Mitch

whats the difference..winning if someones gets disqualified or winning because you were given a bunch of points to catch up

Late..............Mitch

Yeah, I think Doug would have been fine with the fact that HE really won and did not break any rules unlike Tony.

Suzie.......The powers that be in Glendora is where all the comments about "last year" should be directed. The ball was in their hands and they did nothing because they had NO balls.

Late..............Mitch

The truth of the matter is that Tony won Indy in the semifinals when he got lane choice in the final round by .001..........:mad:one lane racing sux

Late..............Mitch

I think Doug would have happily accepted the championship. Me or you would have been ejected. It's been almost a year but I'll never forget. I lost a lot of respect for that team.

I think Doug would have happily accepted the championship. Me or you would have been ejected. It's been almost a year but I'll never forget. I lost a lot of respect for that team.

That whole fiasco will never be forgotten! It doesn't matter that the "Powers in Glendora" are at fault, Shoe knew he was wrong! Last year's champion has an asterisk by it!

I certainly wouldn't give Shoe any credit for making up over 300 points in the last half of the season..........nor am I wondering why the team from Michigan could not win just ONE more round than they did in the last half of the season. One round would've done it. Margin of victory for the championship was 14 pts.......

Late.............Mitch

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back