Just a thought (2 Viewers)

Mikey

Nitro Member
Guys I think this has been said before, but don't ya'll think the racing would be better if they went to a sportsman ladder...i.e.....1 runs 9, 2 runs 10...etc. I get tired of knowing the outcomes of the race before first round is even run. Sure I know there are some upsets when the occasional slip up happens, or someone runs a good number when not expected too. Our local quick 16 went to a sportsman ladder and it has made our racing soo much closer and fun again. I just think the same would work for the pros too. The number 16 guy has a much better chance when they are running #8 instead of #1. Just my two cents!!

Guys I think this has been said before, but don't ya'll think the racing would be better if they went to a sportsman ladder...i.e.....1 runs 9, 2 runs 10...etc. I get tired of knowing the outcomes of the race before first round is even run. Sure I know there are some upsets when the occasional slip up happens, or someone runs a good number when not expected too. Our local quick 16 went to a sportsman ladder and it has made our racing soo much closer and fun again. I just think the same would work for the pros too. The number 16 guy has a much better chance when they are running #8 instead of #1. Just my two cents!!

...but on the other side, the 9 has a better chance of beating an 8 than he does a 1, the ten has a better chance of beating 7 than a 2, etc.

On a sportsman ladder, the odds of all eight top qualifiers making it to the second round would appear to be much better than with a pro ladder.

...but on the other side, the 9 has a better chance of beating an 8 than he does a 1, the ten has a better chance of beating 7 than a 2, etc.

On a sportsman ladder, the odds of all eight top qualifiers making it to the second round would appear to be much better than with a pro ladder.

the 1 vs 9 ladder was the only one I saw used growing up, in all sports, including drag racing... Never Liked the NCAA ladder

d'kid

You've got a point. The top half of the field already gets lane choice (which at a lot of tracks is all you need...), how much of advantage do they really need beyond that?

I always thought it would be better to have a ladder like the ones you are stating: have one for seeds 1-8 and another for seeds 9-16.

That way, lesser-funded teams have a chance to at least advance. It gets old seeing the same faces in the semis and finals all the time (except if it's Ashley LOL).

I always thought it would be better to have a ladder like the ones you are stating: have one for seeds 1-8 and another for seeds 9-16.

That way, lesser-funded teams have a chance to at least advance. It gets old seeing the same faces in the semis and finals all the time (except if it's Ashley LOL).

sooooo.... we let the 'lesser-funded' teams shoot from the ladies tee?:eek:

No Timmah, We need a LHRA....

Think about it... It could OUTDRAW what we have now, and we might even see CAPPS in drag....

d'kid

Jungle Pam look alike contests??? Skirt based fire suits???? Yeah... I can see it now... In stead of a "FOX huNT" it'd be a "DOG HUNT"... Instead of wet t-shirt contest it would be male stripper contests...

Yeah... that'd be a money maker... FOR SURE!

<don't ya'll think the racing would be better if they went to a sportsman ladder...i.e.....1 runs 9, 2 runs 10...etc.>

It was that way for sooooo many years. I like it the way it is now. Its the way it should be. You should receive rewards for qualifying low.

With the Pro ladder no matter where you are if you can improve, you will get a slower car in round 1. If you're 16th and can improve to 14th, you will race the #3 guy instead of the #1 guy. If you're 3rd and can move to first, then you get the slowest car in the field instead of the third slowest. If I'm sitting 7 or 8 why would I try to move up and get stuck with a quicker car in round 1?

The guy with the quickest car should be rewarded for it, not punished.

JMHO
Alan

I remember Eddie or Ercie hill saying awile back that they did not like being number 1,because they were so close to just smoking the tires-Instead of making a great run.That Is why sometimes number sixteen still has a great shot at winning first rd.-Madison first rd. 2010 top fuel anyone?

With the Pro ladder no matter where you are if you can improve, you will get a slower car in round 1. If you're 16th and can improve to 14th, you will race the #3 guy instead of the #1 guy. If you're 3rd and can move to first, then you get the slowest car in the field instead of the third slowest. If I'm sitting 7 or 8 why would I try to move up and get stuck with a quicker car in round 1?

The guy with the quickest car should be rewarded for it, not punished.

JMHO
Alan

3-2-1 Qualifying Points... still liked the "Show" better when you dragged your mess to the lanes as quick as you could and there was no special track prep for the fuel cars, they'd run 8 AA/FD, then 8 AA/GD, then 8 Super, then 8 SS, 8 stock, ect... Made a better SHOW

What you do, bop in here right after you got off Joe's show????
WFO Radio - Hit The Ignition!

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back