Jungle Pam (1 Viewer)

Scares me when I see someone post just the name of one of the legends (i.e older) of our sport , fearing bad news.
Thankfully not :)

That was cool. They did include a couple of pics, that I've seen over the years, of a girl who was not Pam, lol.

It would be almost impossible to explain Pam's huge impact on Drag Racing to a non fan. Definitely one of the greatest stars ever, of course Jim was too. That whole period of Drag Racing was just phenomenal, will never happen again.

I read a story where Don Prudhomme said they thought drag racing back then was kind of a "fad" and would eventually hit a peak. They didn't realize how professional drag racing would become. I think Snake (and other drivers of that era) would tell you he is kind of astonished at how drag racing is now. I'm glad a lot of them lived to see this.

Last edited:
Like many, I have forever been a Jungle Pam fan. I was attending a nostalgia race at Capitol in MD back in 2013 and was visiting with a NFC buddy. While talking I felt a tap on my shoulder, turned around and it was Pam. I was 40 at the time, but immediately had the legs turn to jelly and may have passed out briefly.
Later I found out my buddy asked her to do it....I still don't talk to him :)

A decent article. But for most of us hard-core drag racing fans, there isn't anything new here that we haven't read elsewhere about the Jungle Pam story. What would be more interesting to me is........what was Pam's life like after Jungle Jim and drag racing? When Pam and Jim broke off their relationship, she must have been around 25 or so, still a very young woman. What was her life like the next 30 years or so before she started showing up at various nostalgia drag races, like the CA Hot Rod Reunion? I would be very interested in that story.

When I use to help Alex Miladinovich with the Hot4Teacher nostalgia fc and when we would race at the Hot Rod Reunion we would take the car to Hooters on Thur night and fire it up at the car show a couple times. One year I was standing in front of the car talking to Rodger Richards the photographer for Comp Plus, and Jungle Pam walked up and started talking to us, so Rodger took a picture of Jungle Pam and myself and then he had me take one of him and Jungle Pam. That was the first time I had ever met Jungle Pam and she was a joy to talk to.

When I use to help Alex Miladinovich with the Hot4Teacher nostalgia fc and when we would race at the Hot Rod Reunion we would take the car to Hooters on Thur night and fire it up at the car show a couple times. One year I was standing in front of the car talking to Rodger Richards the photographer for Comp Plus, and Jungle Pam walked up and started talking to us, so Rodger took a picture of Jungle Pam and myself and then he had me take one of him and Jungle Pam. That was the first time I had ever met Jungle Pam and she was a joy to talk to.
Let's see the picture. LoL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back