Jungle Pam (1 Viewer)

It almost reads like it was written by Artificial Intelligence. The short sentences, excessive use of names...it was to the point that I stopped reading and just glanced through words and looked at pictures.

One paragraph did catch my attention is below. What incident is this?

One of the worst crashes that Pam ever saw for herself happened at a race she attended in Orange County, California. Jean Snow was the man behind the wheel of the car. The driver put his foot on the accelerator when the unthinkable happened. The hydraulic rod from the engine shot through the car and nearly took his foot off on its way. While he survived the incident, Pam was deeply affected by the sight.

“Jean” Snow? Hydraulic rod?
Was it really “Gene” Snow? There is no excuse for misspelling a person’s name, and it casts doubts on the rest of the story.
Anyway, I seem to remember where Snow had an engine hydraulic on him in the pits and he got hit with parts.

I met Pam @ the Indy memorabilia show sometime in the ‘90’s had a brief chat, and told her she should write an autobiography, she seemed very surprised by this and said “what would I write about”!

“Jean” Snow? Hydraulic rod?
Was it really “Gene” Snow? There is no excuse misspelling for a person’s name, and casts doubts on the rest of the story.
Anyway, I seem to remember where Snow had an engine hydraulic on him in the pits and he got hit with parts.

Yeah. That is really bad. However I suppose you can look at it this way. Somebody that knows nothing about our beloved sport is writing about it, probably for the first time. And that may not be a bad thing. But us old timers find that stuff hard to stomach !

The only time I can recall a driver losing part of his foot was Garlits (Lions, 1970). And I recall Snow grenading an A/Fuel engine (he wasn't hurt) but not one in a funny car that almost took his foot off.

Pam and Jim sure looked like they had a lot of fun during the time they were together. The architects built that girl right, didn't they? 👍

I remember reading quite a while back about Snow kicking a rod out in the pits and getting hurt. Not his A/Fuel car, I was pitted next to that one. Regardless, was a pretty good read though.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back