Juan Pablo Montoya to NASCAR (1 Viewer)

Jrod

Administrator
yeah i know its not NHRA but wow that is a huge move...:eek:

I have always been a Montoya fan hope he does well...

Maybe he'll be like John Andretti & try everything out... Would be interesting to see him in a fuel coupe.

I no longer follow NASCAR after Brian France took the helm,but I might have to peek in every now & again next year to see how he does.The guy can drive the wheels off of a car, but it will remain to be seen how steep the learning curve is when they are bump drafting & just framing & baming in general.Hope he does well.Wonder what the F1 people think?

Nascar gonna get interesting with the Car of the future, Toyota, and new drivers. They actually have scouts now looking at kids racing leagues to sign kids up for nascar driver devolopment programs.
K

I was shocked when I heard that today. I can only hope he will turn that operation around.

Well, it seemed as though his success in F1 was off and on, and I sensed a certain amount of frustration in his interviews. This should be interesting. I remember a couple of years ago, an F1 driver, I don't remember who, and Jeff Gordon "swapped" rides for a while. The F1 driver never really got a handle on the "taxi cab" and pronounced it a real handful, but Jeff was turing in repectable times within a a few laps.

He surely wont be able to keep his attitude he currently has, he will get shot down pretty quick if he does. I dont think driving a F1 car mans you can drive anything but time will tell.

Our v8 supercars have more in common to NASCAR than F1 does and it has taken Ambrose a while to adapt to the trucks let alone the main game.

I for one would love to see a F1 driver in a nitro car at some stage, the publicity would be great and it would wake them up pretty darn quick (and show the world just how slow F1 really is).

NASCAR has now had two Busch races in Mexico. Having a spanish speaking driver - and especially one of this caliber - will certainly help their efforts to market their form of racing south of the border and internationally.

To me obijuan was like a bull in a china shop in F1. I think he'll do fine on the track in NASCAR, but will he fit in around the garages? we'll see....we all know how political NASCAR is.

To me obijuan was like a bull in a china shop in F1. I think he'll do fine on the track in NASCAR, but will he fit in around the garages? we'll see....we all know how political NASCAR is.

I don't think he'll have a tough problem with that at all. He's already driven one and has built up somewhat of a relationship with Gordon and Johnson. In addition Ganassi's stature in the racing community and Montoya's vast racing experience should help lend credibility and a higher than average level of respect.

I just returned from lunch and while listening to the local sports station on radio, they mentioned that Danica Patrick's father was at Joliet this weekend actively talking to some Cup teams trying to get her a ride in NASCAR next year!

Talk about a marketing slam dunk for NASCAR......Montoya AND Danica next year....what an opportunity.

he had the car within a minute of the previous years qualifying time. In other words,he would have made the 107% rule and qualified to start.
He did better in the F1 car than Juan did in the taxi cab.

I couldn't beleive the news when I heard it yesterday morning either. I hope Juan does well, he's one of my favorite drivers. It's tough to see him leave F1. If anyone I thought that Jacques Villeneuve would be the first to possibly make the switch. He talked recently about possibly looking at Nascar if Sauber-BMW doesn't re-sign him. Who knows what's going to happen now, Red Bull was rumored to want Montoya, and even Williams had reportedly talked to him again.:eek:
In any case, I'll have to root for Tony Stewart & Juan on the Nascar circut now. Both of whom were successful in open wheel...

well if Danica leaves,that will be 2 drivers I won't be watching next year.
I mean really.Look what Gordon did yesterday. and got away with....and they call that racing.........all the more evidence where the real racing is.

on the 1/4 mile:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back