Franchitti out! (1 Viewer)

Andy

Nitro Member
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) announced today that due to a lack of sponsorship funding it will cease operation of the team's #40 Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) Dodge driven by Dario Franchitti beginning this weekend in Daytona. "This is a difficult decision for Felix and I that did not come without its share of anguish," said Team Owner Chip Ganassi. "In this tough business environment continuing to run the car without proper funding has become increasingly difficult." CGRFS is committed to Franchitti's continued stockcar development and are currently in discussions with him on his racing options with the team which could include running the balance of the 2008 Nationwide season in the #40 Fastenal Dodge. Currently the #42 Texaco/Havoline/Juicy Fruit Dodge of Juan Pablo Montoya is 21st in owner points while the #41 Target Dodge driven by Reed Sorenson is sitting 31st in the standings.(CGRFS PR)(7-1-2008)

He should go back to where he was anyway..IMO..good open wheel dude.

And I like his wife..:cool:

If the 41 car does not start to perform I would expect to see Dario in that ride before the year is over.

Reed Sorensen has a contract extension in hand and I'd sign that thing in a hurry.

Dario is another open wheel guy who found driving taxi cabs a little tough.

Danica winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have happened a long time ago but, and I leave it at that.

Danica winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have happened a long time ago but, and I leave it at that.

What else has happened this year?

Oh yeah, Graham Rahal won - and Brieanne Pedigo looked fantastic interviewing him in victory lane.

Other than that, IRL this year has sucked, which is a shame because that Chicago race last year with the shootout between Dario and Dixon was fantastic.

I would like to see IRL race at Texas World Speedway, since they don't race at Michigan anymore. Lose the Richmond date, take that to New Jersey. Drop Iowa, and get more road course races.

ESPN treated the TWR race like crap, and I was so glad to see that race become one of the most histoic moments in IndyCar history. That was, right there, ESPN blowing any chances it had of remaining the only home of IRL racing.

I thought the Indy500 this year was better than most in recent history...and I really wish they would've let Danica go all the way to the Penske pit...:D

What else has happened this year?

Oh yeah, Graham Rahal won - and Brieanne Pedigo looked fantastic interviewing him in victory lane.

Other than that, IRL this year has sucked, which is a shame because that Chicago race last year with the shootout between Dario and Dixon was fantastic.

I would like to see IRL race at Texas World Speedway, since they don't race at Michigan anymore. Lose the Richmond date, take that to New Jersey. Drop Iowa, and get more road course races.

ESPN treated the TWR race like crap, and I was so glad to see that race become one of the most histoic moments in IndyCar history. That was, right there, ESPN blowing any chances it had of remaining the only home of IRL racing.

Your kidding right? Earlier in this thread you said, "Sorry, never been big on open wheel follow-the-leader snaketrain races." And here you want more road courses which is all "follow-the-leader-snaketrain races" that helped fuel the split and nearly destroyed the sport. Who else is going take on the IRL, if not ESPN? It's not like they are in a great position to bargain either.

Andy, disagree bro. I'm not huge open wheel fan but the IRL has done a great job with some pretty darn good racing. I'm with you that I'd like to see some more road courses like how about Road America or Mid-Ohio.

Danica to Penskes pit would have been awesome but what would happen to the 1st guy who knocks her on her butt?

Danica to Penskes pit would have been awesome but what would happen to the 1st guy who knocks her on her butt?

They would be in a no-win situation. She is lucky Dan Wheldon didn't clock her last year when she got in his face and then pushed him. Not so sure I'd have done the same.:D

Cheryl, you have to admit it would have been kinda funny.

Wheldon is about the same size so it would have fair(LOL)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back