Josh Hart Wins!! (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif

well thats pretty amazing...big congratulations to all those guys! ron douglas still has it...I dont know or have ever even heard of josh hart...but if I were him Id park that thing and retire being the only drag racer batting 1000....oh...and go buy some lottery tickets! cool to see that you can make it as an unknown entity and clean house at a major event

Considering that he has what amounts to the Bob Vandergriff operation, maybe not as surprising as we might think, though I'm pretty sure Vandergriff sat out all of last year. But Vandergriff's operation was very competitive the previous few years with Blake Alexander driving. Either way, it's a good win for a relative new comer who had some success in T-A dragster.

the funnest nitro eliminations maybe since bode won in 2010! that was just great. a huge congrats to josh, ron, and the team. wishes for continued success 🏁
and shame on the nhra tv crew for missing interviews after i think 2 of his 4 round wins. is there a better interview than a driver at their debut race going rounds?

Being out of Ocala, FL, I wonder if Big Daddy had any influence? Nawww! Probably not. If he had, the announcers would've been all over it.
Congratulations to a down home boy and I hope to see him win some more.

I was pleased to see the variety of new 'little teams' in all of the pro categories. They're mostly a tenth or two away from being competitive but give 'em time. At least the fields were all full, all but TAFC whose teams I assume have either gone over to ProMod or quit racing altogether.

My daughter and I watched the race; she jumped off the couch yelling when she saw Langdon strike the tires in the final. No offense against him but just about everybody at that race and sitting at home was pulling for Hart.

Today was a fun day all around. Lots of upsets and hole shots, culminating in a rookie winning in his first start in Top Fuel. If this is what 2021 has in store, it's going to be a wild year!

Isn't it great to see somebody win their first race?
I don't know if Hart is naturally reserved, or if he was just stunned by his accomplishment, or both. It was obvious he wasn't used to being in front of a camera.
But, he still did a good job while being interviewed. I hope he gets a lot more TV time.

Hart's team was smart, realizing after a tire-smoking R1 that a low-mid 3.70 tuneup wasn't going to get down the track and backed 'er down a tenth. Torrence, Langdon (and Kalitta, who didn't run Hart) - didn't pull out quite enough power and it cost them. No idea what happened to Justin Ashley, who probably had the best chance of beating Josh. IF he hadn't broke. And the dog would have caught the rabbit IF he hadn't stopped to take a crap, too.....

I was impressed with the unerring consistency Hart and his team showed in the final, a situation ripe for mistakes due to first-time anxiety on the part of the crew and the driver both. But they were all cool as cucumbers...even Hart's interviews were subdued.

Being out of Ocala, FL, I wonder if Big Daddy had any influence? Nawww! Probably not. If he had, the announcers would've been all over it.
Congratulations to a down home boy and I hope to see him win some more.
I just answered my own question, down close to the bottom of the article.

I wonder how Hart thanks his sponsors...."I'd like to thank BURNYZZ, OWVEXC and HLC for stepping up...." Geezus.... :oops:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back