Josh Hart/ Brittany Force (1 Viewer)

A lot of pressure on her now. Lots of fast cars and most of them piloted by drivers who are much better on the tree. With a championship on the line and in the lead, time to step up. Or maybe Prock drives next year? Nah.

A lot of pressure on her now. Lots of fast cars and most of them piloted by drivers who are much better on the tree. With a championship on the line and in the lead, time to step up. Or maybe Prock drives next year? Nah.
If only he can change his name to force . En me or that day what matter, not something silly like how fast you release the clutch

As much as I like Brittany she is that teams weak link. They are giving her a car that can win on Sunday but until she takes her reaction times seriously ( which I mean practice on a simulation machine) things
won’t change much. She ain’t going nowhere she is a Force. If she was a hired driver she would have been replaced a while ago. If she gets it sorted out on her reaction times she will be formidable for sure! I’m sure it frustrates Grubby and the crew. You can see it in their faces. I’m sure Brittany isn’t happy about it either.

Last edited:
He just beat her on a holeshot in round 2. Although in fairness had the cylinder not dropped she probably would have had enough steam to outrun him. But this could be a really good rivalry for years to come, and a good rivalry always makes the racing more enjoyable.
Her reaction time cost her not the dropped cylinder! Her ET is proof!

Well, if you had the fastest car out there but can't cut a light to save your life and get beat often on holeshots, you might be a little testy too :p Go Josh - what a class act!
I’m sure she is extremely frustrated. I like that she wears it on her shoulder. I’m absolutely sure she has the respect for Josh. I like that she got testy. It means she cares! Having a mic shoved in your face after another hole shot loss. One thing is for sure Grubby is worth every penny he is getting paid! Prock is still a very good crew chief but I think the field has caught up! He needs to get that consistency back! For all the Force cars after taking an entire year off are still a threat. Just ask Ron Capps. John need to help Brittany not to beat herself so badly! Could you imagine Erica Enders in her car with her reaction times! Steve wouldn’t stand a chance! LOL 😂
Just thinking out loud, sorry!

Last edited:
Both factors contributed to her loss. No dropped cylinder, assuming no other issues, would have won her the race despite the lazy RT. A quick RT would have won her the race despite the dropped cylinder. Which is more important for that team to address? Her consistency on the tree, of course.

Speaking of consistency on the tree, Steve Torrence cut .140 lights two races in a row, the one today nearly costing him the race had Salinas not drifted left. 'Sup with that?

The truth is .... she’s not very good at this. I’m a Force family fan but it is what it is. If I were John, I’d be having a war room like session to identify everything that can help. She has a chance to win this year but with no improvement she won’t do well next year either. Too many cars and drivers catching up. Brainstorming options like:
Testing with a real tree and car (the immediate path)
Sports psychologist
Mentoring from the best drivers
Car setup
Physical characteristics (leg position, shoes, whatever)
Etc.
For someone struggling on the tree, I would always stage first and develop a routine.

For someone struggling on the tree, I would always stage first and develop a routine.
That's something I've wondered about, drivers who insist who stages first or last. Like the Bruno Massel incident a couple of races ago.
I agree that I would want to stage first and get in the other drivers head that I'm not afraid to race you. Plus, it puts the other driver under pressure to beat the staging time limit.

As much as I like Brittany she is that teams weak link. They are giving her a car that can win on Sunday but until she takes her reaction times seriously ( which I mean practice on a simulation machine) things
won’t change much. She ain’t going nowhere she is a Force. If she was a hired driver she would have been replaced a while ago. If she gets it sorted out on her reaction times she will be formidable for sure! I’m sure it frustrates Grubby and the crew. You can see it in their faces. I’m sure Brittany isn’t happy about it either.
Grubby didnt look to happy when he gave back tje shut off device to the crew member,dont blame him. Thats 40 points loss so far.for force

Personally, I am very disappointed that Brittany "disrespected" Josh Hart in whatever way she did. Josh Hart has certainly earned respect on his own merits.
However, regarding her reaction times, (at least it used to be that} the way the car is set up sometimes effects the reaction times. Brittany certainly has the quickest car, but maybe the way Grubby sets up the car effects her reaction times ? It's not like Pro Stock where they can adjust the clutch linkage to change their reaction times (Enders is an expert at that), so let's not be too judgmental on her driving ability.

every time they ask a NASCAR or other branch of motorsports driver "would you drive one of these nitro cars?" the answer is usually "No way...those people are crazy!"

She's got the quickest and fastest TF out there.... it's gotta be like firing a Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum.....everyone hesitates when pulling the trigger on a beast like that

Instead of complaining about it, get a TF car and go do it...the fields would be fuller

Personally, I am very disappointed that Brittany "disrespected" Josh Hart in whatever way she did. Josh Hart has certainly earned respect on his own merits.
However, regarding her reaction times, (at least it used to be that} the way the car is set up sometimes effects the reaction times. Brittany certainly has the quickest car, but maybe the way Grubby sets up the car effects her reaction times ? It's not like Pro Stock where they can adjust the clutch linkage to change their reaction times (Enders is an expert at that), so let's not be too judgmental on her driving ability.

Josh Hart made a statement that Steve-o is one of the few "real" people out there which basically just threw the majority of drivers under the bus. I think this kid really likes to stir the pot, which he has the absolute right to do, but I'm starting to think that his words shall be taken with a grain of salt. No one except Brittany and Josh know what was said, and the fact that he's complaining about how he was treated and she hasn't said a word about it leaves me, and should lead any other logical person, a tad skeptical.

Every driver has their pre race routine. Perhaps Brit's doesn't include visiting with an opponent. As far as her lights go at one time she could get in the 60s occasionally but not lately. She tends to shallow stage and they seem more concerned with low ET than good RT. Maybe she just needs to relax.

also interesting are josh's comments about initially wanting to pay to drive only. fly in - drive - leave. he suggested something changed during his negotiations and he ended
up having to purchase the entire operation. ...... i enjoy watching josh and his new team. i wish them continued success.

Josh Hart made a statement that Steve-o is one of the few "real" people out there which basically just threw the majority of drivers under the bus. I think this kid really likes to stir the pot, which he has the absolute right to do, but I'm starting to think that his words shall be taken with a grain of salt. No one except Brittany and Josh know what was said, and the fact that he's complaining about how he was treated and she hasn't said a word about it leaves me, and should lead any other logical person, a tad skeptical.
Maybe Josh has been visiting the Mater and agrees with all the posters that say NHRA racing has become too boring. Maybe he wants to be the newest Al Hoffman to pester JFR.

Maybe Josh has been visiting the Mater and agrees with all the posters that say NHRA racing has become too boring. Maybe he wants to be the newest Al Hoffman to pester JFR.
Now you've done it Tony. All the JFR fans are going to turn on Josh.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back