John Force just a PRETENDER?? (1 Viewer)

I agree... when the sancioning body reduces itself to cheap trash talking rather than description it leaves me shaking my head. We don't need to contrived excitement or uber-hype to make the sport better. It just cheapens it.

Well, forteen prior seasons aside, he's just a pretender according to this article. It will be interesting to see how those outside the "Great Eight" will take this verbal devaluation.

Maybe the ones outside the TOP 8 should talk to their sponsors about winning an IHRA championship?? I know the IHRA doesn't get the TV coverage the NHRA does so it probably wouldn't work. But for some like Gilbertson (#19) or Densham (#14) it could pay off..

Gilbertson is 5th and Densham is 6th in the IHRA points.

our so called sanctioning body should be ashamed of them selves. john force is huge for our sport! imagine where the NHRA would be without him. 14 championships, 122 wins and counting, a reality show that brings in more new fans, 3 siblings racing, a son inlaw racing, ect ect ect and now its come down to calling him a pretender in a round about way? man the NHRA is starting to get so stupid! :(

Just another reason why the new fake championship is a horrible idea. I appreciate that they are trying to generate new fans but not liek this

Just another case of someone putting their mouth in gear before their brain. No doubt, they must've thought it very clever, at the moment.
Stupid point system accompanied by stupid PR.:mad:
There, I said it and I'm glad!

Perhaps a poor choice of words, but let's be real here. How many times have we heard the racer's themselves, say " hero's to zero's". I'm sure they'll get over it somehow.... :D

Just another case of someone putting their mouth in gear before their brain. No doubt, they must've thought it very clever, at the moment.
Stupid point system accompanied by stupid PR.:mad:
There, I said it and I'm glad!
And another name goes on the ever growing list... :D :eek:

I hear ya Mike, just messing... :p

Just a word here - pun intended.
May I suggest you look up the meaning of pretender? Someone who is in the line of succession to the throne in England is referred to as a pretender.
The word, as used here, would be used to distinguish those who are in the top eight currently from those who pretend to be there.
It might help if you use the word "intend" in the same headline or sentence.
Words often have more than one meaning.
There is no pretense in John Force. He is a Champion even as he is a pretender to the august list of those who seek the majesty of the eight in the Countdown.
By the bye, I don't like the Countdown. I do like Force.
Cheers,
Ed

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back