Jim Heads going to make it (1 Viewer)

Please don't say things like this until it's official. As we all know anything can happen and it usually does. I sure hope Jim makes it!!!

Dave

Actually, if qualifying ended right now Del would gain 5 points (8 to 3), and a Head first round loss coupled with a Del win would result in Del getting in the Countdown edging Head by 1 POINT.

Actually, if qualifying ended right now Del would gain 5 points (8 to 3), and a Head first round loss coupled with a Del win would result in Del getting in the Countdown edging Head by 1 POINT.

Do ya think that 4.80 is gonna hold up? If Del goes to P2 and wins the race would we have a TIE? Is the tiebreaker rule in the Procedure Manual?
Can Pigs fly?
I'm rooting for Jim to get in and cause havoc in the Countdown!

Do ya think that 4.80 is gonna hold up? If Del goes to P2 and wins the race would we have a TIE? Is the tiebreaker rule in the Procedure Manual?
Can Pigs fly?

Did'nt say it was likely, just stating facts. It's not over til it's over. I would love to see Jim win it ALL!!!!

Can Pigs fly?

NHRA announced a few weeks that if there's a tie for the no. 8 position, it would be broken as if there was a title for a pro class title. The procedure is: 1. Most round wins, 2. head-to-head meetings, 3. Qualifying average.
Going into this weekend's event, Del is 11-14, while head is 14-15, which means if Del won the event and Head lost in the first round, the tie breaker would go to Del by virtue of a 15 round wins to Head's 14...This is going to be interesting.

I was thinking, if it's a two-way tie, they should just race for it Sunday after the finals...kind of like a one-game playoff in baseball

I was thinking, if it's a two-way tie, they should just race for it Sunday after the finals...kind of like a one-game playoff in baseball

That would defeat the purpose of letting those that have been performing better move on... But that also depends on what you consider to be better performance...

CJ Curtsinger

That would defeat the purpose of letting those that have been performing better move on... But that also depends on what you consider to be better performance...

CJ Curtsinger

CJ. If it was about better performance, we wouldn't have the countdown to the chase to the final four, or is that the fantastic 4?????

bottom line, Winning the championship doesn't mean squat anymore.... so what if someone has it clinched by Reading? .... It's a year end bonus to the teams that perform best the entire year... Dang I miss Winston and their understanding that Auto Racing is not round ball sports, so why copy March Madness? What we've got now is like MLB American playing off by themselves after 162 games and declaring the winner World Champ.... World Heck, Drop the word World out and just declare whomever wins the most NHRA Champ.... They aren't WORLD Anything

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back