Jim Collins (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
I just read the column in the new ND on NHRA's Jim Collins. He certainly has the experience and credentials to back himself up with regard to his current postion with the NHRA. I had no idea Jim had such a tremendous background full of accomplishments.

I would encourage everyone to read up on him. He's one smart guy and I've always appreciated his hard work.

RG

JC flat knows his stuff. I've always thought of him to be quite a bit like Steve Gibbs....firm, but fair. Given the fact that he has been around the sport for a long, long time, and has pretty much seen it all, I've never understood why he wasn't given a more prominent role in the Tech Dept. Then again, maybe he is smart enough to steer clear of that can of worms!

Pat

jim is definatly on top of the game for tech, but he is also a very strickt and thats a good thing. on top of that, he is a good guy to know!

Joe,
There are a lot of qualified people at NHRA, you just have to know who they are. :)

and as for Jim, he really does a great job and pays attention. When you get to know him and get him to laugh, he's really a Great Person too.

Thanks Randy for posting this.

Last edited:
Joe,
There are a lot of qualified people at NHRA, you just have to know who they are. :)

and as for Jim, he really does a great job and pays attention. When you get to know him and get him to laugh, he's really a Great Person too.

Thanks Randy for posting this.

Some racers experience fear and trembling when he approaches their pit. As long as you take care of your race car and have it in order you have nothing to worry about.

I like to ask him "Are we OK?" whenever he lurks in the staging lanes or at the ready line when it's about time to start it up. "Yep" is his one word answer.

He does have some interesting stories to tell if you catch him toward the end of the day.

RG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back