Jenifer White wins T/D !! (1 Viewer)

Congrats to Team White! I was there Friday and Saturday and got a chance to see several rounds of TD. Great job.

Thanks everybody!

Got through with the race and winner's circle, packed our pit as quick as I could and hit the rode back home. 2 hours sleep is all I could get in order to make a 3:30pm client meeting down in Houston this afternoon. 900 miles and a 2+ hour client meeting makes for a tough day. I'll check back in and give a bit of commentary on the weekend if ya'll are interested.

The very short story is that we've been fighting a reaction time consistency issue for over two years. I've slowly solved about 40% of the variation but the biggest piece (roughly .030) has hidden from me for a good while. I recently started an oil field tools machine shop with my son and our QA cell has some really good measurement tools. Using that stuff roughly a week ago I found an anomaly beyond the flex plate that had to be the major cause of our issue. I couldn't fix everything because of a client commitment I had in Las Vegas, but I put a dang good bandaid on it .... it appears we've found the major source of some major reaction time inconsistency.

The tough thing about car reaction time is that the driver tends to blindly accept the blame. As we got other things narrowed down I was able to convince Jenifer to trust herself, that she wouldn't cut a .040 light when she thought she nailed the tree. Once we got to the track I told her that I would aim her between a .15 and .20 light and she'd run a 6.18 in the humidity .... and there is was.

Alan says it on the PA all the time, and I heard it this weekend, if he got a quarter for every race team that told him "they found something" he could buy DSR .... and in Ennis we may be in that boat, but for this weekend I could pick our reaction time every round .... I've had the ET part in pretty good shape for a while, but RT has been a battle.

Of course, Jenifer kicked some major butt making the crew chief not look like an idiot.

With the dry air, we've got a pretty major stumble when the second stage of nitrous comes on (post Q1 after which the air got dry), but even with that flaw the car is very consistent.

Looking forward to a quick turn and back at it soon in Ennis. Really looking forward to two days of testing in Vegas .... my book of things I want to try is HUGE.

Jeff

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back