White Noise (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
The latest National Dragster has a great article featuring fellow mater Jeff White and his wife/driver Jenifer. Congrats on the ink Jeff and I’ll be watching you guys as you venture into TAD! Did you sell the TD?

Thanks Guys! Funny Jenifer's NHRA membership lapsed at the end of January, our division director has had her check, physical. etc. for a month Not processed it yet, so I had to re-up her membership online last night so I could see the article.

White Noise 2.0 is the likely theme for the Copeland car. Lots to do to switch over from the top dragster. My "real job" has been 70 hour weeks for almost two months but that should conclude on Friday. I plan on flying over to the Regional at No Problem for a couple of hours on Saturday just to hang out a bit

The top dragster is going to hang around for a good while. We are going to start pretty slow with the nitro car. Our area runs the events so early in the year that not having the car ready on schedule pushed us way back. We are planning to run the top dragster at the Houston divisional and then see when we can both start learning this new deal. I have written Jenifer a 5 page PDF document with pictures on running this car. Clutch pedal, no neutral gear, hyper touchy throttle, fuel flow adjustment, parachutes on opposite side, brake on opposite side, etc. etc. She's made two passes (5.74 and 5.64), I could write a book about the second pass, but its safe to say we live and learn and understand that we've taken a true step up in the cash outflow department .... I guess I work so hard for a reason!

People will say I'm crazy (tell me something I don't hear every day!) but this is going to be a Jeff and Jenifer White team for a good while, if not forever. If we can't turn the car around together we just won't be going up for that next run.

Shane Conway is going to help me, and Tom will hopefully be a "phone a friend" but the fun of this for me is being right in the middle of it learning and making educated decisions. Obviously right now I don't know jack, but I'll learn. And yes, I could write checks to Meyers racing and I'm sure she'd have much quicker success, but I would have zero fun and would be in the way. Hopefully the TAD/AFD/TAFC community will accept a newcomer. We'll try to eventually earn some respect, but we are going to be excited to be there, try to be safe and courteous to our fellow racers, and learn for a good long while (so the top dragster likely comes out when we are both at our wit's end.....)

Jeff

Good luck but was hoping to see y'all running one of the cars this weekend. They did a lot of work on the track surface and I know I could get a honest answer from you that would tell me if the track is better. Anyway can't wait to see your fuel car run.
Should be a nice field of alky cars and dragsters this weekend but Randy Myer owns that place. ;)

Jeff, does Jennifer have her T/AD license now? Noted she made 2 passes, .74 & .64. Seems to me she is close to the number needed to earn her license. Is there knowledge from the nitrous car that you can use in the nitro car? Just curious. I really hope you guys do well with the "junior fueler". Heh Well, it really IS a "junior" fueler, just a lot faster & a lot more complicated. OK, you know we all want a Wally from you guys this year..... :)

Thanks Guys! Funny Jenifer's NHRA membership lapsed at the end of January, our division director has had her check, physical. etc. for a month Not processed it yet, so I had to re-up her membership online last night so I could see the article.

White Noise 2.0 is the likely theme for the Copeland car. Lots to do to switch over from the top dragster. My "real job" has been 70 hour weeks for almost two months but that should conclude on Friday. I plan on flying over to the Regional at No Problem for a couple of hours on Saturday just to hang out a bit

The top dragster is going to hang around for a good while. We are going to start pretty slow with the nitro car. Our area runs the events so early in the year that not having the car ready on schedule pushed us way back. We are planning to run the top dragster at the Houston divisional and then see when we can both start learning this new deal. I have written Jenifer a 5 page PDF document with pictures on running this car. Clutch pedal, no neutral gear, hyper touchy throttle, fuel flow adjustment, parachutes on opposite side, brake on opposite side, etc. etc. She's made two passes (5.74 and 5.64), I could write a book about the second pass, but its safe to say we live and learn and understand that we've taken a true step up in the cash outflow department .... I guess I work so hard for a reason!

People will say I'm crazy (tell me something I don't hear every day!) but this is going to be a Jeff and Jenifer White team for a good while, if not forever. If we can't turn the car around together we just won't be going up for that next run.

Shane Conway is going to help me, and Tom will hopefully be a "phone a friend" but the fun of this for me is being right in the middle of it learning and making educated decisions. Obviously right now I don't know jack, but I'll learn. And yes, I could write checks to Meyers racing and I'm sure she'd have much quicker success, but I would have zero fun and would be in the way. Hopefully the TAD/AFD/TAFC community will accept a newcomer. We'll try to eventually earn some respect, but we are going to be excited to be there, try to be safe and courteous to our fellow racers, and learn for a good long while (so the top dragster likely comes out when we are both at our wit's end.....)

Jeff
I have known Randy for over 40 yrs and I am sure that he'll be glad to see you come into this class. If you have questions I'm sure he glad to talk to you. My wife does some work for him and he told her that he enjoys working with women better than men because they listen. Good luck I will be watching TAD,TS,PS are my favorite classes

A well written, informative article. Thanks Jeff, for keeping us up on Jenifer and your latest drag racing endeavors. Big fan of T/D and T/AD. I always enjoy your thoughtful and informative posts. Hope to cross paths at a National event in the near future. Best of luck in 2020.

Thanks everyone! Work finally became somewhat less than an all consuming activity last night at 6pm .... and i was in bed by 8pm, exhausted, I've been at that 100% since early January an annual marathon of sorts. Gonna hang out at No Problem Raceway for a few hours today (J3M Fabrication black hoodie if you happen to be there!) and then try to get into drag race mode. It'll be a painfully slow start from your perspective, but we'll be pedaling as fast as we can over here. I'll use this thread to try and keep you up to date a little .... maybe I'll even figure out how to post a picture or two!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back