Jack Beckman 3.91 (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Another week and another new quickest run ever. I can't wait to see what these guys can run when the prime conditions get here at the end of the year. If they have enough clutch disks for the Countdown everyone else is running for 2nd. They have the field covered. Congrats to Jimmy, John, Chris, and the team

Force ran 3.99 along side and looked like he was tied to a stump through the middle.

3.91 in Seattle of all place. What a pass.

Last edited:
Another week and another new quickest run ever. I can't wait to see what these guys can run when the prime conditions get here at the end of the year. If they have enough clutch disks for the Countdown everyone else is running for 2nd. They have the field covered. Congrats to Jimmy, John, Chris, and the team

I've been in the "clutch room" at DSR . . . trust me, they have plenty of disks! Especially since they are reportedly still using five instead of six per run - ;) Can you imagine having to run these guys? "Hey Connie, Del just took #1 away from Beckman by .007! What's that? 3.91 - never mind."

3.91 in Seattle of all place. What a pass.

That is what is so impressive about last week and now this week to me. They are doing this at tracks where we do not normally see great numbers. Look out when they get to Maple Grove and Pomona, they will be down in the 80s!!!

Last week I said JFR is toast. This week I say DSR is ALSO toast, except for Beckman. This is unbelievable.

Simply excellent. Prock is becoming one of my favorite tuners, and obviously DSM is making the right parts. Congratulations to DSR.

I was at Sonoma and thought the 3.92 would last for quite a while. Amazing it only lasted for a week. Prock is doing some amazing things with that car!

Good things happen to good people. Very happy to see Prock and Medlen doing so well, especially with that "old" 5 disc clutch set up. That 3.91 lap made JFR look silly.

I was at Sonoma and thought the 3.92 would last for quite a while. Amazing it only lasted for a week. Prock is doing some amazing things with that car!

I was at Sonoma too and also thought that would stand for quite a while. I think back to days when Garlits, Prudhomme, or Bernstein would set a record that often stood for years. OK, so they ran 3.91... THIS time it will stand.... :D

That car was scootin'. Congratulations DSR!

What a run!

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of folks. Prock, Medlen, Chandler, Beckman (who I've never witnessed throwing helmets or tantrums, even when the chips were way down)...just good stuff man. That whole group deserves the giddy high they're enjoying.

Prock and Medlen must feel pretty comfortable in their new environment.
I wonder just how long these ideas have been rolling around their heads waiting for the opportunity to put them in motion.

Proof that performance leaps, though very infrequent now, do energize the sport.

Force (and I used to be a fan of his and still could be) comes off as an embittered old man. He needs to watch the telecast with some people that will tell him what he needs to hear not what he wants to hear. He is stewing in his own Karma and the first thing he needs to do if what I am told is true is cut Prock and others a check for what he owes them in back wages.

Force apologized at the top end for being short in his interview, and both teams ended up getting put on the trailer before the finals....in drag racing crewchiefs often find themselves "one minute you're a god, the next you're g*d d@mmit";)

It took a dropped cylinder to stop the unstoppable. Goes to show you how fickle funny cars are. Congrats to TJ and team. Patience and consistency paid off.

I may be wrong, but I think they found something in the chassis, and how hard the car hits at the step. The way the clutch comes in at the hit is also a part of it, but look a the way Jacks car takes its set at the launch- a lot less violent, a lot less plant, a lot more flat and straight out of the gate, and smoother as the clutch comes in.

It's just a matter of time before other teams will catch up. Jimmy didn't figure this out overnight, I would say that that Neff has a pretty good idea what he's doing. Ron said yesterday that he knows but at this time it would not work on Capps car because of the setup they use. It will take some testing to get it done and most teams right now are working on getting in top 10.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back