It's Official - AJ at Kalitta (1 Viewer)

Bobby Bennett

Nitro Member

About time! Lol. My prediction,doug kalitta 2022 world champion

Top fuel is going to be a dog fight this year and I am looking forward to it. I hope AJ will do AJ things and Doug can finally get his championship this year.

I believe that this is gonna be a good year for Doug with Alan and Brian coming aboard. If they allow Alan to stretch his legs budget wise. There are a lot of really good crew chiefs out there today but, being the allotted amount of money that they can spend, they really can't tune the car up to what they want because of the financial budget that is given to them.

The reason why the Torrences has been so dominating, they mentioned a while back that they use new parts between rounds. Why? Because it's cheaper than having a rod or other failure and having to replace everything in the short block and having heads and the block repaired. Sure, the parts that they discard that many teams still think are still serviceable are still good but, not on a "push it to the limit scale."

When Alan was with DSR, I will bet my old trash can that Don didn't say "just make it work." That's why Tony was so dominate in that era.

Here's my prediction for what's it's worth.
You can have the best of everything, new parts, a good driver, an unlimited budget. But a little luck goes a long way. Who was once said, "I'd rather be lucky than good"?
And here's my final prediction, if Doug wins (and I hope he does), he'll retire.

You can have the best of everything, new parts, a good driver, an unlimited budget. But a little luck goes a long way. Who was once said, "I'd rather be lucky than good"?
And here's my final prediction, if Doug wins (and I hope he does), he'll retire.
I totally agree with everything you said here!

If, and when, he becomes champion I hope he’ll come back and try to repeat.
You can’t stop at just one championship.

I agree, Tom: "Yup, you can't just quit, especially after youse 'LAY'S' down all of dem great runs all season!"--Bert Lahr (find a '70s pic the old man and you'll remember him, guaranteed)
I found an old pic of the '60s era Lay's Potato Chips commercials that featured Bert Lahr (same actor who played the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz!

Attachments

• Lays potato chips, Bert Lahr.png
    Lays potato chips, Bert Lahr.png
    305.2 KB · Views: 19
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back