Is NASCAR getting the message? (1 Viewer)

spoiler

Nitro Member
We used to go to 5 or 6 CUP races every year. Last year we went to 1 and we don't watch but a couple a year live on TV. Why? It is boring and the cars are not stock cars. You have heard all the arguments before but listen to what the Nashville Speedway is doing next year.

They recognise that the fan base is tired of the same old NASCAR; gives us your money and we will give you something but won't promise anything.

For the 2009 races at Nashville Season Ticket holders get full access to the pits, drivers' meeting and the cars/trucks will be parked on the front stretch well prior to the race for photos and viewing! Just like the good old days. I think they may be on to something. It isn't the solution but it is a move in the right direction. Now if NASCAR would go to authentic replica bodies of the actual cars and Good Year will build some tires that let the cars drift a little in the corners so drivers actually have to drive them we might be back to going to the tracks again.

Take a look at these vintage racers from when it was not NASCAR LITE;
Legendary Collector Cars TAKE A TOUR OF THE INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SPORTS HALL OF FAME TOUR AT THE TALLADEGA MOTOR SPEEDWAY, TALLADEGA, AL.

NASCAR has turned itself into IROC...boring as hell.I stopped watching when the restrictor plates were added booooooooooooooooo ! Now the NHRA feels the need to turn the nitro classes into bracket racing....too bad !

NASCAR has turned itself into IROC...boring as hell.I stopped watching when the restrictor plates were added booooooooooooooooo ! Now the NHRA feels the need to turn the nitro classes into bracket racing....too bad !

Bracket Racing is WAY BETTER than any fuel racing!:cool:

NASCAR isn't taking any messages right now...unless they're in the form of check written out to Brian France. There was a column on ESPN.com asking people to write in with what you thought was wrong with NASCAR. They got thousands of replies. Brian said "he was listening", but....we're not getting rid of the "cookie cutter" tracks, starting the races earlier (like they used to before it became popular), the car of tomorrow or the chase." So, where does that leave us? Not buying tickets or attending races is where it leaves me. I was offered free tickets to Texas next week. I had to decline because my brother has to work on Monday. The race starts at 2:30 so we wouldn't get back to his house until around 3:00-3:30AM. No thanks.

That article does make an interesting point -- that the track operator only gets one or maybe two shots a year to make most of their money. Makes me think of the NHRA track owners/operators who, except for two tracks (Vegas and Pomona), get one national event a year.

I'll take ONE.....I only need ONE.......about 50 miles from the track. But I don't think I'd pay to go considering the concession stand prices and all.
;)

If I had them in hand you could have them. Since my brother and I didn't take them, they were given to someone else.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back