Information about towing laws I learned through personal experience (1 Viewer)

I think you should have one for that very reason but also so if you get pulled over you can resume your trip in the event you get the wrong cop stopping you.

Last edited:
Rich, I agree that "the wrong cop stopping you" can be a pain in the rear for even the law abiding large vehicle driver. Following some the of links above I checked out the Texas CDL manuel ... yep the same thing I studied in the DPS office chair prior to taking my Class A written test ... and clicked on a practice test or two. Admittedly, not all of the questions are this basic, but I got a kick out of this one:

5. After inspecting mirrors and windshilds for cracks, dirt, illegal stickers, or other obstructions to your vision, you should:

A. Look in the mirror to see if you look good.
B. Clean and adjust as necessary.
C. Not worry about any of it.

Rich, I agree that "the wrong cop stopping you" can be a pain in the rear for even the law abiding large vehicle driver. Following some the of links above I checked out the Texas CDL manuel ... yep the same thing I studied in the DPS office chair prior to taking my Class A written test ... and clicked on a practice test or two. Admittedly, not all of the questions are this basic, but I got a kick out of this one:

5. After inspecting mirrors and windshilds for cracks, dirt, illegal stickers, or other obstructions to your vision, you should:

A. Look in the mirror to see if you look good.
That's an easy one ...it's got to be... A.:D

A. Look in the mirror to see how good you look.

Fixed it for ya! :D

Yeah, some questions were that way while others had a couple of choices that could have gone either way.

I talked to a couple of friends from California this week and one got stopped in Nevada for not going through a truck check point and he was driving a pickup TOWING A 20 FOOT utility trailer. The other guy was telling me that in California they are now going after the big trucks registered as a motorhome even if they say "not for hire" on the side. I guess two teams leaving Bakersfield we stuck on the side of the road until they got some one with a CDL to drive their trucks for them. So the Falice is watching and that's not a typo. Do what you need to do!

I talked to a couple of friends from California this week and one got stopped in Nevada for not going through a truck check point and he was driving a pickup TOWING A 20 FOOT utility trailer. The other guy was telling me that in California they are now going after the big trucks registered as a motorhome even if they say "not for hire" on the side. I guess two teams leaving Bakersfield we stuck on the side of the road until they got some one with a CDL to drive their trucks for them. So the Falice is watching and that's not a typo. Do what you need to do!
You are doing the right thing Rich because it is only going to get worse. The sportsman racers that feel Nhra is tough on them, has not seen anything until they have to deal with the DOT. If they want to find a violation and they search long enough then they probably will. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually the laws require all motorsports haulers, and toterhomes with trailers to enter all the scales and inspection stations, and require them to have log books and fuel permits, or an IFTA sticker.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back