Indy 2022 (1 Viewer)

Lots of fans disguised as aluminum planks today ☹️
Yes, very small crowd compared to the last three days. I think the weather forecast killed sales. If you looked at the forecast for the last two days there was no racing. If I was planning on driving in an hour or more for Sunday or Monday I don’t think I would have come. it looked nasty this morning heading to the track even though it was not raining. I doubt there was much in the way of walk up ticket sales the last two days.

By what I saw on FS1 and Fox, it appears there were no major boomers. Hopefully, the Safety Safari got to kick back and enjoy the racing without having to respond to any emergencies.

Yes, very small crowd compared to the last three days. I think the weather forecast killed sales. If you looked at the forecast for the last two days there was no racing. If I was planning on driving in an hour or more for Sunday or Monday I don’t think I would have come. it looked nasty this morning heading to the track even though it was not raining. I doubt there was much in the way of walk up ticket sales the last two days.
You're not kidding it looked not promising this morning. When we got there the track lights were on, it was so overcast. That it never rained at all shocked us, but we were glad it held off. Not sure but I do think it rained near the track a couple times. The sun peeked through 3-4 times but not for very long. All the way home we ran in and out of rain or could clearly see downpours in the distance. Sure has been a wet summer.

Not 100% sure but I thought I saw Darrell Gwynn at the race today. If so it was nice to see him out there.

I thought this was the best US Nationals I have attended in a while. Despite the bad weather forecasts, we only were delayed 45 minutes on Saturday and lost 10 Top Fuel cars on Sunday. Highlights for me:
1. Ron Capps doubling up.
2. Antron winning TF. Nice to see these two have success after going out on their own.
3. Greg Anderson 100th win. Been following him for a long time. Was in Bristol when he got #1 and have been there for 98, 99 and 100 among others.
4. Brittany run on Sunday 3.64 and 337 mph. Just missed the 300mph at the eighth.
5. Top Fuel overall. 25 cars, quickest field ever. It was amazing the performance of the guys who didn't qualify!

I thought this was the best US Nationals I have attended in a while. Despite the bad weather forecasts, we only were delayed 45 minutes on Saturday and lost 10 Top Fuel cars on Sunday. Highlights for me:
1. Ron Capps doubling up.
2. Antron winning TF. Nice to see these two have success after going out on their own.
3. Greg Anderson 100th win. Been following him for a long time. Was in Bristol when he got #1 and have been there for 98, 99 and 100 among others.
4. Brittany run on Sunday 3.64 and 337 mph. Just missed the 300mph at the eighth.
5. Top Fuel overall. 25 cars, quickest field ever. It was amazing the performance of the guys who didn't qualify!
Friday was by far one of the best single sessions I have seen in years. No major damage and almost everyone went down the track.

yes, what a great race. from wednesday thru monday. so many great storylines. watching ron and antron win back to back yesterday was awesome.
so thrilling to see their success as new owners. i agree, best nationals in long time ...... (sidenote: don't want to see another wilk/capps final again. last year was thrill of victory and agony of defeat
all wrapped up in 4 seconds. loved it. hated it) ...... greg's 100th was great too, especially racing along side his teammate.

...I thought this was the best US Nationals I have attended in a while...
5. Top Fuel overall. 25 cars, quickest field ever. It was amazing the performance of the guys who didn't qualify!...
Are there 32 Too Fuel dragsters in the country at the moment? Could the possibility of a 32 car field be considered for Indy ever again? It would be great to see that one more time.

Yes, there are 32 cars available.

Cars that didn't attend Indy
Rapisarda
Mitch King
Buddy Hall
Luigi
Maroney
Paton's Car
Arthur Allen
Rob Passey
Leverich Car
Carrillo
Ron August Jr.
Ron Smith
Zizzo

I am sure I missed a few also.

Although a 32 car TF field would be really cool and would add to the Indy mystique I really enjoyed the qualifying sessions with 25 cars present.
The qualifying sessions are such a big part of the race experience and short fields detract so much.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back